Good head lamp : )

Thu May 03, 2012 6:45 pm

For anyone looking for a headlamp, i suggest this type cree 5w Q5 zoomable that takes the 18650 batteries
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ZOOMABLE-5W-C ... 4cf14272bd

not the seller I got mine from but the same type with the double charger. The 18650 batteries way outlast the AAA type by a long shot. I would also recommend getting the ultrafire 4000mAh batteries. I have used just one battery over a long session with the headlamp almost on continuously.

The brightness from the headlamp is supperb especially with these batteries. Check around ebay for the cheapest ones, I got mine from hong kong and it only took a week to get here but it could be longer just check the listing and it should give you an approx delivery time. I also sat on my headlamp in the car the second week I had it and I emailed the seller complaining about build quality, although I was chancing my arm as it was my fault for sitting on it, but they sent me another free of charge, nice!

Re: Good head lamp : )

Fri May 04, 2012 11:14 pm

yeah i picked up a 250lm cree headlamp on ebay a few months ago from a seller called ntxmas. only cost €5 with shipping and seems to be great so far and sure for that price you couldn't go too far wrong

Sat May 05, 2012 8:41 am

good stuff
i need a new one since the contacts are starting to corrode on my existing one

Tue May 08, 2012 12:08 pm

tomgrey wrote:For anyone looking for a headlamp, i suggest this type cree 5w Q5 zoomable that takes the 18650 batteries
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ZOOMABLE-5W-C ... 4cf14272bd

not the seller I got mine from but the same type with the double charger. The 18650 batteries way outlast the AAA type by a long shot. I would also recommend getting the ultrafire 4000mAh batteries. I have used just one battery over a long session with the headlamp almost on continuously.

The brightness from the headlamp is supperb especially with these batteries. Check around ebay for the cheapest ones, I got mine from hong kong and it only took a week to get here but it could be longer just check the listing and it should give you an approx delivery time. I also sat on my headlamp in the car the second week I had it and I emailed the seller complaining about build quality, although I was chancing my arm as it was my fault for sitting on it, but they sent me another free of charge, nice!

Just bought one:)

Fri May 11, 2012 1:27 am

kopidol wrote:[Just bought one:)
post a comment here when you get yours and give it a trial run, I would be interested in what you think plus others might find it usefull too. What batteries did you buy? if you got the ultrafire 4000mAh they should last a very long time once fully charged.

Fri May 11, 2012 11:31 am

tomgrey wrote:
kopidol wrote:[Just bought one:)
post a comment here when you get yours and give it a trial run, I would be interested in what you think plus others might find it usefull too. What batteries did you buy? if you got the ultrafire 4000mAh they should last a very long time once fully charged.

oh do i need batteries?:-) do you not get them with it???were u get urs?oh and how many do i need?

Sun May 13, 2012 12:47 pm

if you bought one with 18650 batteries they will come with it normally and so will the charger ,it will last 3 times longer than aaa or aa ones and not fade as noticeably over the session,havnt tried the 4000mah ones but they should last at least 4 times longer ,always carry a spare headlamp even a cheap one they will always run out or go wonkey just when you really need them :lol:

Sun May 13, 2012 2:42 pm

I get mine from China,
http://www.dealextreme.com/c/headlamps-906

this site has never let me down, on any of my purchases, free postage, and they sell pretty much anythin you want for outdoors, indoors, computers, etc =D
The parachute cord is 120kg tested, great for tying down the beach buddy , and so on so forth>>>

Mon May 14, 2012 10:49 pm

have found the cree poor build quality, straps dont go big enough, creating too much pressure on clips on head piece and battery pack.... they have broke!

Tue May 15, 2012 10:31 am

BigPhil wrote:have found the cree poor build quality, straps dont go big enough, creating too much pressure on clips on head piece and battery pack.... they have broke!

Maybe the straps are the right size :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue May 15, 2012 7:28 pm

paul mason wrote:
BigPhil wrote:have found the cree poor build quality, straps dont go big enough, creating too much pressure on clips on head piece and battery pack.... they have broke!

i have taken the straps off mine and put an old set of silva straps on so thats two of us with big hats :lol: me thinks asian heads are smaller than european heads and you can take that what ever way you like :mrgreen:

Tue May 15, 2012 9:23 pm

Have a look on the thread for the post magicshine its a cracking light 900 lumens on high beam and 300 on low beam :P

Tue May 15, 2012 9:58 pm

paul mason wrote:

was waitin for that buddy! :wink:

Wed May 30, 2012 3:33 pm

i had a test run on my new head lamp last week in arklow and i must say its great the light of it is something else!ive to order two more for the lads in the club.