Daiwa saltist salt ?

At the suggestion of various members and given the magazines will run a mile from criticising a piece of kit, here is your chance to tell us what you really think about a rod, reel, line, lure... keep it legal please!

Moderators: Seaniebo, corbyeire

Daiwa saltist salt ?

Postby nicefish » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:54 pm

mate of mine is going to Florida is a few weeks time, :x he is thinking of getting this reel has anyone here got one and what do you think?

http://www.basspro.com/Daiwa-Saltist-Sa ... 4500/98707
The best things in life aren't things.

For this message the author nicefish has received thanks:
caseys (Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:17 pm)
nicefish
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 153 times

Re: Daiwa saltist salt ?

Postby roryodonnell » Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:46 pm

Google "jandh" on you tube. There is a video review on it. There is also a video of the stradic 5000 fj, which is the reel that you should be getting :wink

http://www.youtube.com/user/jandhtackle/featured

For this message the author roryodonnell has received thanks:
nicefish (Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:36 am)
roryodonnell
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 187 times

Postby nicefish » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:36 am

Nice one , thanks Rory.
The best things in life aren't things.
nicefish
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 153 times

Postby lastcast » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:40 pm

Hi, I bought one of these last year in Australia (mine is the 4500 high speed) after seeing some amazing footage of anglers over there landing some huge fish on it. As soon as I picked it up I had to have it. It is so smooth and strong, and the drag is terrific. It is the perfect size for boat fishing over here and the fast retrieve makes it good for fast jigging if you go abroad. I have used it to bottom fish offshore here and landed cod, ling and good pollack on it. I also use it for shore bass fishing on my bass rod. So you can see it is a very versatile reel. I am so impressed with the new high power saltwater fixed spools that I am going over to them for boat fishing AND shore fishing, and I have used multipliers all my life.
Yeah, the Stella may be even better, but few can afford them. Saying they are the reels you should be going for is like saying the Bugatti Veyron is the car you should be buying. Take it from me, you will not get a better reel than this for the money. I really DO know, I have one, I use it, and I love it.

For this message the author lastcast has received thanks: 2
caseys (Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:06 pm), nicefish (Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:30 pm)
lastcast
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 11 times

Return to Tackle Reviews by Sea Anglers