Shakespeare Atlantis

Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:41 pm

Looking for a good budget fly rod ,was thinking Atlantis 10 wt,any opinions or a better rod for price?

Re: Shakespeare Atlantis

Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:47 pm

just after looking at these online on one of the english fishing sites.will be interested in this thread.lets hope some replies come in

Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:05 pm

saving private brian wrote:just after looking at these online on one of the english fishing sites.will be interested in this thread.lets hope some replies come in

+1

Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:16 pm

I have one of these myself
It feels nice to use.
It seems really well put together.
I can't say how it performs with a fish unfortunately :oops:

previous to this rod I had a #8 wt rod so all my lines a that wgt still.

it is (only) ok casts on it with the 8 wgt line so i'd imagine proper line would cast well

comes with a nice tube.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:50 pm

As a budget 'second' rod - value for the price - alternative and maybe slightly better but similar price I think airflo bluetooth xt #8/9 - I just dont like the second handle on the atalantis !!

Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:09 pm

The fighting grip is kinda unnecessary I suppose but I'm sure you would get used to it,it's a pity we don't have the huge tackle shops like in America,I was looking at a rod in bass pro shop in Florida ,I felt a bit embarrassed doin the old tackle shop wiggle to test the rod when yer man directed me to the casting pool out the back with most of the rods set up,ah well maybe in twenty years .......

Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:50 pm

Yep there good rods for the money. As for the fighting handle just cut the cork grip off! Did it with mine comes away very easily and quick rub with wet and dry and a respray with matching blue paint ( I used black, don't give a monkeys :lol: ) then a coat off varnish and a blind man on a galloping horse would not notice :!: At the end off the day there are a cheap rod that works just fine. The blank is also a tad sweeter with the removal off that daft grip.

Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:55 pm

Problem solved,was thinking the same :D

Sun May 06, 2012 10:23 pm

Got the rod gonna try it out tomorrow ,yea your right Tom it looks way better with that stupid fore grip removed,I'll let yous know how I get on