Abu Garcia Esprit

Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:07 am

just wondering has anyone used this rod? or have any feedback good or bad on it?

Abu Garcia Esprit

Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:41 am

Ive had one for two years now, no complaints, great rod, this is my first multi rod though.

Re: Abu Garcia Esprit

Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:06 am

14month time i had 2 espirit and all the 2 had broken on the top section when i had cast out first with 5oz and second time with 4oz... :evil: :evil: :evil: all the time on the same place where the top section part 2/3 meet with the last third coz from the last third the rod will be more sensitive and i think the blank is not continously made from the same material/carbon/-different tichness between the 2/3 and the last 1/3... but anyway the rod is excellent mixedground or rough ground rod ,i landed a 9lbs thornie and a lot 6-15lbs conger...
So the rod is good just i had a problem twice with it... :evil: :evil: :evil:

Good luck and Tight Lines

Sun Apr 08, 2012 1:16 pm

I have one, bout a year now and no problems :-) i lost an eye alrite but that was my own fault, i also have a greys flex s and i find the abu to be a bit stiffer, i like the rod and would recommend it if ur not looking to spend mad money because its good value for the price!

Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:58 pm

my first multi rod 8) could welly 5 oz miles ,good value for money too,i sold mine to jack off the site and i think he is still using it 8)

Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:49 pm

I got a phone call from the shop :mrgreen: the varantie is off on the rod but the supplier can change the top section for me :mrgreen: He is the man 8) Happy days :D Firs cast with the rod will be at the Swilly /Rathmullan/ Ray hunting :D