Zziplex XTR or Ian Golds Extractor

Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:26 pm

Am planning getting a second beach set up sometime soon and was dead set on the Extactor until I saw a XTR second hand for the same money as the Extractor new.Have heard good things about the Ian Golds rod so was just looking for a few opinions.

Thanks,

Tim

Re: Zziplex XTR or Ian Golds Extractor

Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:48 pm

Extractor every time brilliant fishing rod, the XTR is not, no contest.

Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:02 pm

kstaff wrote:Extractor every time brilliant fishing rod, the XTR is not, no contest.

SIMPLES...................... :mrgreen:

Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:08 pm

Thanks for the quick replys,extractor is looking more and more tempting.will look better beside my international match anyway 8)

Tue Mar 20, 2012 6:30 pm

for casting :XTR
for fishing: EXTRACTOR

Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:54 am

Been using the Extractor for few months now and very happy with it, very slim blank compared to a lot of the other beachcasters on the market. Can't comment on the xtr as never handled one.

Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:11 pm

dbrock wrote:for casting :XTR
for fishing: EXTRACTOR

The XTR is equally at home fishing as is the Extractor is at casting, its all down to personal choice and what the wallet allows, both are good rods IMO

Wed Mar 21, 2012 4:20 pm

you can catch fish with any rod and to say that a zziplex xtr is not a good fishing rod ? well :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: , the xtr has a softer butt than an extractor and might be easier to cast , all depending on your casting abillity , ask to try both , dont just make your mind up because someone who hasnt even cast an xtr says so
Last edited by AG on Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:26 pm

Oooohh !!
Saucer of milk for that lad,,, Meeeowwww :!:

Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:16 pm

extractor

Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:38 pm

paddyc wrote:Oooohh !!
Saucer of milk for that lad,,, Meeeowwww :!:

Class :lol:

Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:44 pm

AG wrote:all rods catch fish

Never heard of that before, are you sure you dont mean All HOOKS Catch Fish :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:04 am

all rods catch fish :shock:

Ohh yeah brilliant lets all take your advice!!! :D

Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:32 am

if you want to be that anal about it :shock: how many of you have fished with an xtr , ? i ve owned 3 xtrs , the first one i fished and cast with , the other one a 50/50 xtr still holds the irish 175grm record , if you havent used or owned or fished with one how can you give this guy advice to stay away from it ???????????

Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:37 am

how many of you have fished with an xtr , ?

I bet nobody has because, they are not nice fishing rods thats the point!

You currently use your XTR to fish where exactly? the 80's?

The 80's are gone and so are Wham just get over it and move on before you Go Go!

Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:00 am

kstaff wrote:how many of you have fished with an xtr , ?

I bet nobody has because, they are not nice fishing rods thats the point!

You currently use your XTR to fish where exactly? the 80's?

The 80's are gone and so are Wham just get over it and move on before you Go Go!

have you ever fished with an xtr ? so how do you know there not nice fishing rods ?

Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:16 am

[quote="AG"] anal quote]

You said ANAL!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:19 am

XTR stands for 'xperimental Tournament Rod' and it ain't something you'd want to be attached to with 40lb of muscle pulling the other way!

I have by US standards a small amount of experience with big fish from the shore, but the one thing I have learnt - mostly the hard way - is that you need a rod that bends when something heavy is pulling back!

When not on the field the XTR is used mainly as a rock end rod in the UK, that's skull dragging fish out of boulders the size of a truck covered in kelp.

The original TXR was a fabulas rod, I used one at the NEC demonstrating casting over a lake and it was so easy to cast with a wonderfully progressive action.

Sadly, with today's wannabe casters demanding stiffer and stiffer rods to compenstae for little if any style the current XTR is nothing like the original. Stay well clear for a fishing rod from clean beaches.

Telling it like it is with apologies to no one. BB

That beautiful quote courtesy of casting legend Neil McKellow advising someone against an XTR for fishing! :D

I'm off to tie pennel pulley rigs with size 6 Aberdeen match hooks!

Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:24 am

so he says its a dream to cast with , easy and progressive , and are used for fishing

Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:26 am

kstaff has in formed me that the extractor is the better fishing rod , sorry for my ramblings , he is the better man . peace out :roll: