lidl fishing gear

At the suggestion of various members and given the magazines will run a mile from criticising a piece of kit, here is your chance to tell us what you really think about a rod, reel, line, lure... keep it legal please!

Moderators: Seaniebo, corbyeire

Re: lidl fishing gear

Postby bassboy » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:08 pm

if you are looking for great ADVICE and great deals on gear try southsideangling in corkstreet.the guys there are great at helping u out espically desy :D
bassboy
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 92 times

Postby Preston » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:18 pm

Every retailer is perfectly entitled to change their prices on a daily weekly or monthly basis for a multiple of reasons and every supermarket in the country does hundreds of these a day. retailers get deals on products just as we do as a consumer which they mostly pass on . Back on topic not a fan of rods from their but got a great set of floats from aldi and their course bait looked good especially the strawberry flavoured sweetcorn.
2013 species : coalies,flounder(pb),whiting,dogfish,5 beard rockling
2012 species : cod,whiting,coalies;flounder,5 beard rockling,bass,dogfish,dab
Preston
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 74 times

Postby JOHN1 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:26 pm

roger de dodger wrote:the spools of line with the shockleader all in one are ok and very handy if its weedy i have the 15 lb one on a mag elite and have to say its grand they fill a 6500 just dandy!
:|

just back in from another boat trip and i was handed 5 packs of this stuff 2 spools per pack thats 2200m of line ans she got the 5 for 5 euro 8) cant wait to try it :wink:
Species Target (1) Anything will be a Bonus.

BALLYBRACK SAC.
EFSA.
SouthShore SAC.
JOHN1
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 598 times

Postby joebhoy » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:33 pm

bassboy wrote:if you are looking for great ADVICE and great deals on gear try southsideangling in corkstreet.the guys there are great at helping u out espically desy :D

I have to agree with bassboy on southside angling. Section on my Grauvell travel rod broke a few weeks back and it was changed no questions asked...!

As for the lidl/aldi gear I think its pretty much 'you get what you pay for'. Did get a few boxes of lures a couple of years back which caught me numerous pike on the Shannon.
joebhoy
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 81 times

Previous

Return to Tackle Reviews by Sea Anglers