rod bags

Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:15 am

hi im just putting this up for a mate.he is very keen to but a rod bag but doesnt want to buy the same as my salt one.he is looking for one that would be similar in length as i think his ian golds rods(internationals i think) are 6-7 foot sections.so is there any out there like this.he doesnt like the idea of them being open at the top.he wants one that closes all in and has a pouch for his rest

thanks

Re: rod bags

Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:28 am

Hi Brain, I have the Shakespeare Salt Rod Holdall, its got the extendable section and closes over all my rods (Tip tornado, and 15'9 powerstixs, and a couple of more rods in the bag aswell)!! also has a seprate section for your spin rods, and rod rest, and the strap is padded, i picked mine up for (i think) €30, It also features a nice little pocket along the side for bits and pieces, and the bottom section has a useful Plastic guard on the bottom if he's worried about rods clacking around in the bag I use velcro straps around each rod and it stops the rattling when Im walking.. hope this helps

Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:05 pm

Hi SPB,

Have a look at the Shakespeare Navigator Rod Holdall I think thats the one you may be inquiring about, I have a secondhand one here that I barely used, ( got one as Xmas presnsent so this one is excess to requirements) I could it up in the for sale section if your friend was interested.

Regards

T

Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:44 pm

whats wrong with his ian golds one? does it keep falling over?? :lol: :lol:

ive got the salt holdall 3 years and its good as new apart from a few stains and smells, if i broke it tomorrow id buy the same again.

Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:09 pm

Hi SPB, my local tackle shop (bait-all tackle Fermoy) has them on offer at the moment at €25 ( bought one on Monday) he has a facebook page and often puts up special offers, I know your in mayo but I'm sure they would be reasonable to post? Hope this helps!
Wrassehole :-)