rod bags

At the suggestion of various members and given the magazines will run a mile from criticising a piece of kit, here is your chance to tell us what you really think about a rod, reel, line, lure... keep it legal please!

Moderators: Seaniebo, corbyeire

rod bags

Postby saving private brian » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:15 am

hi im just putting this up for a mate.he is very keen to but a rod bag but doesnt want to buy the same as my salt one.he is looking for one that would be similar in length as i think his ian golds rods(internationals i think) are 6-7 foot sections.so is there any out there like this.he doesnt like the idea of them being open at the top.he wants one that closes all in and has a pouch for his rest

thanks
saving private brian
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 180 times

Re: rod bags

Postby Creep » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:28 am

Hi Brain, I have the Shakespeare Salt Rod Holdall, its got the extendable section and closes over all my rods (Tip tornado, and 15'9 powerstixs, and a couple of more rods in the bag aswell)!! also has a seprate section for your spin rods, and rod rest, and the strap is padded, i picked mine up for (i think) €30, It also features a nice little pocket along the side for bits and pieces, and the bottom section has a useful Plastic guard on the bottom if he's worried about rods clacking around in the bag I use velcro straps around each rod and it stops the rattling when Im walking.. hope this helps
list 2013 (10) Ballan Wrasse, (17) Smooth Hounds (6lb, 2oz, best so far this year), (47) LSD, (2) shore Rockling, (1) Long spine scorpion, (9) flounder, (8) Dab (2)Bass (3) Mackerel (2) lance (2) Plaice (2) Pollock (1) whiting

List 2012: (83) Whitting, (2) Plaice, (20) 5 Beard Rockling, (3) Coalie, (1) 3 Beard Rockling PB 40cm, (8)Pouting, (1) poor cod, (49) LSD(PB: 3lb.2oz), (1) Shore Rockling, (2) Codling, (2) Long Spine Scorpion, (6) Pollock (25) flounder (b) (1) mackrel (1) Turbot PB19cm (10)dab (6) Smooth Hound (2) Twaite Shad, (2)Thornback Ray(PB: 4lb 5oz), (34) Mackrel (Shore), (35) Lance PB31cm, (1) pipe fish, (1)Bull Huss 3lb 150z, (1) Octopus (2)corkwing wrasse, (1) Dragonet

List 2011: 16 species (267 fish caught)

Reel Anglers Don’t Litter
Creep
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 226 times

Postby TomCat » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:05 pm

Hi SPB,

Have a look at the Shakespeare Navigator Rod Holdall I think thats the one you may be inquiring about, I have a secondhand one here that I barely used, ( got one as Xmas presnsent so this one is excess to requirements) I could it up in the for sale section if your friend was interested.

Regards

T
TomCat
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 3 times

Postby red » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:44 pm

whats wrong with his ian golds one? does it keep falling over?? :lol: :lol:

ive got the salt holdall 3 years and its good as new apart from a few stains and smells, if i broke it tomorrow id buy the same again.
red
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 222 times

Postby wrassehole » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:09 pm

Hi SPB, my local tackle shop (bait-all tackle Fermoy) has them on offer at the moment at €25 ( bought one on Monday) he has a facebook page and often puts up special offers, I know your in mayo but I'm sure they would be reasonable to post? Hope this helps!
Wrassehole :-)
wrassehole

Return to Tackle Reviews by Sea Anglers