Penn Surfblaster 8000

At the suggestion of various members and given the magazines will run a mile from criticising a piece of kit, here is your chance to tell us what you really think about a rod, reel, line, lure... keep it legal please!

Moderators: Seaniebo, corbyeire

Penn Surfblaster 8000

Postby Beelo » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:50 pm

I have just bought the new Penn Surfblaster 8000 fixed spool, have to say first impressions are really good. If i was to design a tough beach fishing fixed spool i would change very little. Initial tests look very promising and im looking forward to fishing with it. The spool is bigger than the the Shimano and Grauvell, the line lay is very good. everything on the reel is sturdy looking. I know the old Surfmaster was useless but I think this reel looks really well made. I will update the post after I give it a proper workout at the next few comps I fish. I bought it local off Land and Sea Sports Bundoran which was handy as its hard to buy a new product off the net without getting a proper look at it.
Beelo
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 20 times

Re: Penn Surfblaster 8000

Postby Seaniebo » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:53 pm

Great value
I require a tremendous amount of calcium

http://www.saisac.org/
Seaniebo
Unstoppable....

Have thanks: 83 times

Postby suckycalf » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:36 pm

Sean can always attach it on to his Kayak and use it as a hand powered motor, if it does not work out for ya . :D .
suckycalf
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 6 times

Postby cathald » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:59 pm

Looking for a new fixed spool myself and will be in Bundoran tomorrow so I will get a look at this in land and sea must remember to leave the credit card at home as I think he got a lot of new stock in :lol:
2011 species so far
coalfish,plaice,dab flounder,turbot,sea trout,thornback ray,pollock,ling,mackeral

One day.. Facebook, Youtube, Myspace and Friendster will come together as one. It will be called, FookYouMyFriend.
cathald
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 37 times

Postby fishmad » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:28 pm

lookin at it on friday it looks the part way better than the surfmaster......its my next beach reel :D
fishmad
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 23 times
Blog: View Blog (2)

Postby Rampent Wreckfish » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:30 am

There is also a penn afinity 8000lc coming out which will be penns flagship surf fixedspool.

Looking at the specs this appears to be a better reel, it is also a little more expensive.

One thing is for certain though, they have to be better than the 850/750(they were some pile of shite)
UP THE DEISE!!!!!!!

If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation.

KStaff winning matches is the new black.
Rampent Wreckfish
First Time Angler

Have thanks: 119 times

Return to Tackle Reviews by Sea Anglers