Breathable waders

At the suggestion of various members and given the magazines will run a mile from criticising a piece of kit, here is your chance to tell us what you really think about a rod, reel, line, lure... keep it legal please!

Moderators: Seaniebo, corbyeire

Breathable waders

Postby razor2 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:18 pm

Breathable waders are they worth the money because they ant cheap.i have had neoprene waders for the beach but have not had much luck with them i dont think i have got a year out of them getting leaks.so now just use bib & brace with boots and think there fine.just wondering are the breathable waders better for rock hopping or would the neoprene do just as good. If anyone has use them it would be great to know what you think before i get something in the next few months.
razor2
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 196 times

Re: Breathable waders

Postby beachbuddy » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:49 pm

Hi Ray,
yip the breathable are rather expensive and in my experience they have to be minded very well especially when near thorny shrubs and gorse that seem to be along most pathways to marks down this way.There main advantage is that you bearly know they are on in comparison to the neos which will leave you sweating alot if really rock hopping.
Also some neos have crap boots that offer little or no grip and have to be studded to have any chance of preventing any ass injuries.The breathable waders are'nt much better but if you get the boots separately just screw in metal studs and you are sorted and are definately worth the money which can be dearer than the waders :shock:
Don't buy felt sole boots as they are death traps when trying to get back up some tracks especially after bit of morning dew or rain.
Overall id go for the breathables much more comfortable and more manouverability in potentially dangerous situations :shock: ,however a lot of good reports from a few lads that use vass studded waders,no they are'nt breathable but don't seem to be as sweaty as the neos.
Tight lines

For this message the author beachbuddy has received thanks:
razor2 (Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:30 pm)
beachbuddy
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 264 times

Re: Breathable waders

Postby lumpy » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:45 pm

if your lookin at getting a pair and dont want to fork out on an expensive pair try the bison breathables on ebay. their fantastic value for money and have a very good rep. one point of note is that the main reason they leak, esp at the seems is due to buyin the wrong size so make sure you buy the correct size for u.
shore species 2008(25):dogfish(3.1lbs), bull huss (12lb 2oz), bass, shore rockling, coalie, whiting, pollack, conger (22.4lbs),flounder, thick lipped mullet (4.8lbs),turbot,ling (11.2lbs),ballan wrasse(4.5lbs), cuckoo wrasse, pouting, poor cod, cod (9.5lbs), dab, 3 bearded rockling, long spined scorpion fish, corkwing wrasse, plaice, trigger fish, sea trout, garfish

regards neil

For this message the author lumpy has received thanks:
razor2 (Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:30 pm)
lumpy
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 17 times

Return to Tackle Reviews by Sea Anglers