shimano aerlex advise

At the suggestion of various members and given the magazines will run a mile from criticising a piece of kit, here is your chance to tell us what you really think about a rod, reel, line, lure... keep it legal please!

Moderators: Seaniebo, corbyeire

shimano aerlex advise

Postby cathald » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:53 pm

hi guys I was wondering if any of you had the shimano aerlex 7000 xsa
I was thinking about getting this reel for light shore work for flounders and the like
any info appreciated

Cathal
2011 species so far
coalfish,plaice,dab flounder,turbot,sea trout,thornback ray,pollock,ling,mackeral

One day.. Facebook, Youtube, Myspace and Friendster will come together as one. It will be called, FookYouMyFriend.
cathald
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 37 times

Re: shimano aerlex advise

Postby chilly123 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:02 pm

Great solid reel got one about 8months ago have 25lb braid on it smooth cast and smooth retreve well worth the 90 euro
chilly123
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 17 times
Blog: View Blog (14)

Postby Mick001 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:40 pm

Keep an eye on ebay, I have bought a couple of the Shimano XS 7000 (the version before the XSA) recently for myself and a few lads. All have been second hand (used once or twice) and todate all have been in mint condition in the region of approx €55.00. All were in lots of two or three in the Bid section. Nice reel, but one area to watch is that there is no line guard (i.e. to stop the line from going behind the spool).

Mick
Species 2010: Thornback Ray:Codling: 3 Bearded Rockling: Doggie: Common Smoothhound: Flounder: Ballan Wrasse: Starry Smoothhound:Mayo Bass: Sea Trout

Species 2011: Whiting: LSD: 3 Bearded Rockling: Codling: Flounder: Plaice: Turbot: Ballen Wrasse: Bass (EC): Dab: Silver Eel:

Species 2012: Turbot: LSD: Brill: Flounder: Whiting:
Mick001
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 15 times

Postby saving private brian » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:46 pm

had the 8000 version of these.nice smooth reel but found it heavy.fell off a table then one day and got a bang on tiles.never recovered.good line capacity thou
saving private brian
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 182 times

Return to Tackle Reviews by Sea Anglers