Reveiw: Ian Golds Extractor

Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:23 pm

What can I say, this rod is such good value and lacks nothing in build quality or preformance. It looks, feels and casts like a rod double the price. Its a firm favorite of mine on the beach where its power to launch baits out coupled with good bite detection make it an excelent choice. This rod will suit most styles but Pendulum or off the ground will get the best from this superb piece of kit. The rod is 4 meters 26 cms and comes with an excelent padded rod bag that will keep the rod dry and safe. ive used this for over a year now and continue to be impressed by its preformance and I would not hessitate to reccomend it to anyone looking for a rod that will handle most ground types and wont break the bank.

Re: Reveiw: Ian Golds Extractor

Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:27 pm

Ill second that, In my opinion the whole range are great fishing/casting rods, Rod bag is the best Ive seen anywhere.

My favourite Is the Enticer, Such a slim rod that hits the spot everytime.

There seems to be a "thing" floating around that because of price that there "not as good" as your zziplex,conoflex,century etc, This couldnt be further from the truth, There far superior than most In my opinion.

Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:55 pm

As the lads have said, the whole range in the Ian Golds is absolutely superb value for money

Have used the extractor (belongs to a friend) and compared to what i have in other ranges you could hold this rod all day long.

I have the International match myself and this is the first rod into the bag for an outing, its a great rod to use, gives a great cast and has fantastic power to control the fish as well.

Have now bought the supermatch extra, and can't wait to wet a line with it

Was reccomended this range of rods by Kstaff and he was spot on with this, would not hesitate to reccomend the range to anyone

Sat Dec 24, 2011 12:47 pm

Hi bigsod looking to upgrade in the new year so where is the best place to have a look at the whole range of Ian Goulds rods to make a choice
mickser

Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:10 pm

there getting hard to get now i believe

Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:34 pm

Mickser,
You can order the rods here http://www.wix.com/wexjohn/eastcoasttackle from east coast tackle. Or contact Paul Mason from the site, great to deal with and will see you right.

btw I have the International Match and Extractor - both rods are excellent.

Cheers,
Eric

Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:56 pm

Would the extractor manage big conger, huss, rays etc. from rocks if i coupled it with a decent multi?

Sun Dec 25, 2011 7:35 pm

youonlythevinegar123 wrote:Would the extractor manage big conger, huss, rays etc. from rocks if i coupled it with a decent multi?

Yes it would be up for the job, Its not the stiffest rod ever but has loads of backbone when needed.

Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:28 pm

picked up an international match today cant wait to try it now,

Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:16 am

Lovely Rod Denis, My mate got one and it's great to cast with. I got the supermatch extra cause I like the longer rods with the egg beaters, Absolutely love it :D
I heard Daiwa are taking over the making of the Ian golds range and are nearly doubling the price :cry: is this true does anyone know or just a rumour?

Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:46 am

Al wrote:Lovely Rod Denis, My mate got one and it's great to cast with. I got the supermatch extra cause I like the longer rods with the egg beaters, Absolutely love it :D
I heard Daiwa are taking over the making of the Ian golds range and are nearly doubling the price :cry: is this true does anyone know or just a rumour?

they wont and cant be the same rods :wink: they will be different alltogether

Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:28 pm

dbrock wrote:picked up an international match today cant wait to try it now,

what!! you mean you didnt win it??
:lol: :lol:

Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:27 pm

AG wrote:
Al wrote:Lovely Rod Denis, My mate got one and it's great to cast with. I got the supermatch extra cause I like the longer rods with the egg beaters, Absolutely love it :D

they wont and cant be the same rods :wink: they will be different alltogether

Sooooooooo, Are the Ian Golds range going to stop? :p

Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:44 pm

they have stopped , i presume daiwa will make a range of rods with him ? if there were to be a new range of golds rods .

Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:20 am

AG wrote:they have stopped , i presume daiwa will make a range of rods with him ? if there were to be a new range of golds rods .

Cheers for clearing that up AG, That's a bit depressing, wish i'd picked up a few more now :P

Re: Review: Ian Golds Extractor

Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:40 am

Great rod!!!

Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:12 pm

super rod and great value