Reveiw: Zziplex M4 evo

At the suggestion of various members and given the magazines will run a mile from criticising a piece of kit, here is your chance to tell us what you really think about a rod, reel, line, lure... keep it legal please!

Moderators: Seaniebo, corbyeire

Reveiw: Zziplex M4 evo

Postby bigsod » Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:01 pm

I first got this rod 2 years ago first and foremost as a casting rod and instantly fell in love with it. Its so user friendly, its not over stiff at all yet it still has awesome power, but to take it in your hand you would swear it was a bass rod as it so slim. I have cast 218 meters with this on the field but its on the beach where I realy rate this, as it can put a bait a long long way and it also has the power to bully fish over medium to rough ground while still giving adaquete bite detection. Its my favorite rod when long casts are needed to find the fish or in big weedy seas where weed is being dragged in and a rod that wont fold up is needed. It doesnt matter if im casting or fishing my M4 evo is always in the bag :D
Fire in the belly, ice in the veins

For this message the author bigsod has received thanks: 2
mitch (Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:52 pm), willie bendit (Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:57 pm)
bigsod
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 179 times
Blog: View Blog (2)

Re: Reveiw: Zziplex M4 evo

Postby Drew » Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:06 pm

Had mine for just about 10 months now, as sod says, it's never left behind on a session, love using it for medium to long range work and for such a powerhouse the bite registration on it is impeccable. I simply can't wait to get it back up to the rays this year. A joy to use.

Simply wouldn't be without mine.
2015 Lure: Pollack, Herring, Whiting, Sand Goby, Poor Cod, Pouting

42 Species to beat 2011 & 2014

For this message the author Drew has received thanks:
bigsod (Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:20 am)
Drew
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 101 times

Return to Tackle Reviews by Sea Anglers