Abu Flotation suit, waterproof?

Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:46 pm

Just wondering is this suit waterproof, description says rainproof, has anyone got one or know anything about it? Thanks

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Abu-Garcia-Flota ... 061wt_1304

Re: Abu Flotation suit, waterproof?

Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:56 pm

Hi Firblog, don't have info on the abu but i picked up a sundrige flotation suit from Doug in A Shore Thing in Westport for €100.

Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:18 pm

Cool man, was just wondering because i did read somewhere that not all flotation suits are waterproof, in fairness i imagine abu's to be but just checking if anyone had one. Thanks conger

Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:24 pm

I saw them advertised in their bargin basement at Halfway Angling for 65 euro. Can't see them now, but no harm to give Dan a shout

Halfway Angling Centre
Halfway, Ballinhassig, Cork
Counth Cork
Ireland
+353(21)488 5894
Email: tdi2@eircom.net

Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:34 pm

i have a fladen one can highly recomend it very tough and wont let rain through i got 5 years service out of my last one! ,i recently got a Kinetic WaveCruiser second hand but havnt tried it out yet although it looks good and is sold as 100% waterproof,i think the fully breathable ones tend to let in water if the going gets tough?try the suit on somewhere no mater where you buy it as its alot of money to spend you need a comfortable fit ,the hood should be snug too if its too loose it will constantly blow off and annoy you a good set of thermal boots and you,ll stand out all day in freezing weather snug as a bug 8) :lol:

Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:24 pm

I've got the kinect and I find it VERY good, very comfortable, and warm, i wear it most winter days but find I have to take the jacket off during the day as i heat up too much, just an example of waterproofing, was out in the rain all day, on a pier in rough weather, a breaker crashed over the harbour wall washed down on me from head to foot, was still bone dry, continued fishing for another few hours and when i went back to the car was still warm and dry :D :D :D Well cuffed with it!

The cost was €159, a bit pricey BUT not only does it keep you warm and dry... but can save your life .. so in fact well worth the money to invest in any waterproof flotation suite ;)