Ian Golds Backback

Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:28 am

Anyone have one what are they like any opinions welcome.

Re: Ian Golds Backback

Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:05 pm

had one the zip got jammed and broke. dont bother using one any more. got the shakes speare box now far better job.
Last edited by Determined Dan on Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:07 pm

they are grand the only draw back is you cant sit on them ,plenty of pockets and room for everything you could need for a long session, i got 3 years out of mine thats a lot of sessions .i now use a seat box with the breakaway backrest and find it top notch for comfort alot more expensive but i think it should last 10-15 years so a good investment if you have the cash :?:

Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:47 pm

Cheers lads yea have a Beta box was just thinking about getting a backpack as they look great for keeping stuff organised.
I do be too busy catching fish to be sitting down anyway :D

Ian Golds Backback

Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:09 pm

Nice pic in Anglers Digest Cormac;)

Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:54 pm

Was looking at one yesterday in Paul Mason's. Looks like quality and will carry a huge amount of tackle. Bought the Ian Golds Super Match Extra of Paul and the had a look at both the rucksack and backpack. Both seem very well made. Search for him on the site and he will sort you out

Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:50 am

Have the small backback. Very well made, give the zips a squirt of wd40 after each session and I have never had any problems.
Holds a decent amount of gear, but you can't put extra clothes etc in it like a box.
If you use ice cream tubs or lunch boxes to put leads /scissors in you can organise things pretty well and it can take more than enough tackle for a session.

Its also comfortable on your back when carrying and I would recommend it.

Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:34 pm

Have the small one too and it's excellent, great storage and can be carried with ease on long walks.

Highly recommend it!

Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:07 pm

kstaff wrote:Have the small one too with sequins, diamonds and studs all over it and it's excellent, great storage for eyeliner, foundation, hair gel, fake tan etc and can be carried with ease on long walks up and down the cat walks.

Highly recommend it!

WTF :shock:

Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:57 am

Cheers lads thanks for all the advice much appreciated.