grey's grx , sonik sks or shimano catana rough ground?

Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:45 pm

As the titles states , What would you choose? I'll be going for a Multiplier to pair with it looking to purchase next week :)

Re: grey's grx , sonik sks or shimano catana rough ground?

Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:40 pm

out of those i,d go for the shimano their cheaper rods are quite good its all down to what you like though alot of rough ground rods have tips that wont register small fish so i suppose it depends on what your after ,the greys looks a nice rod for he money too :!: the sonik has a fixed reel seat :evil: WHY?????????????????? prob cos its alot cheaper?

Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:20 pm

I changed my mind again ! Getting a daiwa sandstorm 12ft and slosh 30 Tuesday :) cheers for the reply roger , the heavy tip Definitely hinders the register of bites but I'm hoping to use my pike 12ft rods for the light stuff

Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:33 pm

glad you didnt go for the sonik cause it might have snapped :mrgreen:

Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:13 pm

I heard they were a narrow blank but was going on the great review from sea angler mag. Glad ye told me now :) Ron Thompson have the same problem with their fly rods . I snapped two mid cast

Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:01 pm

ah they wont snap casting.if anything they are a great caster.have a nice feel to the butt section but what they are said to do they dont dont.now the nct thats in the mag might not be to bad.,i just think there not worth there money.i ahve the sk4.its fairly new.wont be getting another put it that wayput them under the real pressure and they might snap :mrgreen:

Preston wrote:I heard they were a narrow blank but was going on the great review from sea angler mag. Glad ye told me now :) Ron Thompson have the same problem with their fly rods . I snapped two mid cast

Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:08 pm

I was looking at the sks but it looks the lightest of the range . I'm a big fan of daiwa and never had a complaint bout any of their course or game gear and I can see it been the same with the sea gear :)