New Shimano Biomaster XTA 8000

Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:10 pm

Just after buying the Shimano Biomaster XTA 8000. All the sites I researched it on gave it rave reviews. Has anyone on here got one and if so what do you think of it? Only after buying it so have not got a chance to use it yet. However it looks and feels pure quality.

Re: New Shimano Biomaster XTA 8000

Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:43 pm

hi holla got one in june and loaded it with 30lb braid its the dogs liathroide had plenty of smoothies up to 9lb and it handled everything well the only thing to watch out for is the line became trapped under the spool a lot maybe it was only me however you got a great reel there :D :D

Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:17 am

Cheers fisherman59. Hoping to get out to use it this morning. Will let you know what I think of it.

Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:38 am

I have an xtb 8000 I think their pretty much the same, Ive used it for everything so far and never had any problems, powers through any situation.
I had a small problem of line being caught over the drag on the top but i walked that out and never had another issue, might have been my own line laying caused that problem.
Ive lifted 5-6lb rays and you can tell its pure quality, my only advice is too wash it down after use as its not cheap haha
I have 60lb mono backing and then 60lb braid straight through and my cast basically doubled, only thing I can mention is make sure your bail arm has clicked over, it has a slightly odd angle compared to other reels Ive used and my first cast seen my lead flying into the distance but since then Ive had no issues and love using it everytime.
Also mine came with 2 extra spools which I happily put 20lb mono on one and the other well it sits in a box haha
Very nice reel for the price range and no faults from me (touch wood)
Tight lines

Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:32 am

Used it yesterday and it is superb. Feels very smooth in the cast and retrieve. However did not catch anything so have yet to see what it is like with a nice bass on the end of it.