snowbee customer service

Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:09 pm

id just like to know if anyone has any dealing with the customer service of snowbee about there products or should i say
the lack of customer service,i purchased a pair of there most expensive waders last year & after being very lightly used they sprung a leak,i in turn contacted snowbee & explained my case & they did'nt want to know about it.
would just like to warn other anglers about this if you are worried about aftersales & if you are thinking of purchaseing snowbee goods,noting worse when you spend your hard earned money & you get treated like crap :twisted:

Re: snowbee customer service

Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:56 pm

Where did the waders spring a leak?
When you say expensive how much were they?

You can fix spot leaks with aquaglue but I've had several neopreone ones over the years and they've all went at the upper leg seem. I now have a pair of snowbee greys that are still lasting (well so far).

Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:37 pm

they are the stocking-foot 'prestige' waders & they've gone in the bottom neoprene foot part
i payed near on 200euro for them last year plus anothe 60 for the matching boots,iv tryed 2 tubes of auqasure but still cant locate the leak,i contacted snowbee but they bascilly said i it was wear & tear :x after about being used about 20 times at the most,some racket!!
needless to say ill be buying different from now on & i have been using snowbee since i stared fishing way back in the day :)

Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:01 pm

Have you tried filling the waders with water and seeing where it comes out?

Personnelly never had much success keeping waders for more than a year despite hanging them up after ever use. The glue is a waste of time for seams but does good work on spot leaks.

Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:11 pm

iv just been given advice on how to find the leak so gona try that & will try the water method after that if it fails
regards

Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:29 am

Personally found them great to deal with, in fact only recently had a fly rod break which wasn't covered by warranty but they still replaced it with a brand new version of the same rod and only charged the 30€ handling charge that covered shipping it to Ireland.

Best place to get waders repaired is diver dave
http://sites.google.com/site/wadersrepairs/

Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:39 am

i wish i could say the same after spending all my money on there supposely top end waders,but sadly i cant...& to be honest,even a 30euro shipping charge would be a insult at this stage,you are probaly one of the lucky ones...never again will i purchase there goods & that goes for my large circle of fishing friends also.

Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:53 pm

i dont find them the best either to be honest for the price of them.they are comfy alrite thou.i have the granite ones.far better than the shakespeare ones.next pair im gonna get a sonik set.there supposed to be brill.lets just hope there not like the rods :mrgreen:

Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:05 pm

best waders I've ever had: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BISON-BREATHA ... 895eea1e20
three years - no problems. What more do you want?

Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:51 am

I usually go through a pair of waders a year until last year. Bought a pair of "oceans". They are heavy, uncomfortable and you sweat like mad; but they are bomb proof! I use them for diggin and despite constantly droppin onto my knees unhooking fish etc, they are still 100 % water proof. By the way good on ya for highlighting poor customer service!

Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:59 pm

I got a pair of daiwa neoprene waders four years back and their still goin strong . They've had savage abuse from trekin through forests to wadin up rocky river beds. Used em three to four times a week and only once leaked but fixed with aqua glue.

Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:02 pm

Also be sure to hang your waders from the shoulder straps with the feet touching the ground and this Will prolong their life. Throw them in a ball in the boot or tightly folded and expect leaks