Oceanic Rock Boots

Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:42 pm

Over the past few years I have had my fair share of wading boots one or two boots were grand made by scierra others like Vision, Ron Thompson were just pure rubbish and fell apart after one or two outings, When it comes to my feet I like something that first and foremost is warm, wide fitting, easy to put on and most of all light, to tick all these boxes in wading boots be prepared to fork out a good few quid. So I decided as I do with most of my fishing equipment to look outside the box, I wanted something that would also have good grip all of my previous boots had special grips and screw in studs to prevent slipping on various terrains, but it didn’t matter to me at some part of my fishing day I slipped, I also wanted something light most of the wading boots do feel a tad heavy and rigid, So I started first of all to look at what surfers wear after all something that gives a good grip on a surf board should be good for rocks, most of the surfers stuff was a bit flimsy and certainly not suitable for bouncing about rocks they also had no ankle protection , my search ended up with these
oceanic rock boots.jpg

They looked the part were not too expensive had good grip properties , light etc so I purchased a pair from http://www.simplyscuba.com/products/Oce ... Boots.aspx they arrived within a day and I was well pleased with how they looked and felt, After using them for over a year now I can say without a doubt they have been the best boots I have had, after a full days fishing and walking they feel like you have been wearing a pair of slippers all day , your feet are warm but never too warm the grip is excellent on all terrains the heel has good support and the laces and lace holes have shown no wear or tear in fact the boot looks as if it was bought last week the only one niggling prob that I do have is the sole although it has good grip it is a bit flimsy so if you do walk on a bit of a pointy stone or large rock you can feel it a bit but I must point out that the soles have never been punctured, All in all a cracking boot for the money and as I said before it does no harm to look outside of the box in the fishing world..
Tight Lines
John
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Oceanic Rock Boots

Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:35 pm

look a handy boot..
hope your well and doing lots off fishing john.

Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:27 pm

Tom H wrote:hope your well and doing lots off fishing john.

Cheers Tom back on track after a very hard year and getting some catch up done :wink: :wink: :D

Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:04 pm

hi,john,can i ask you,when you both those boots,what size did you both?should they b biger then actualy size im wearing,if biger for how many?thanx

Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:01 am

always go two sizes bigger to allow for the thickness of you waders,,

Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:00 am

thanx john