Stiffy 12ft beachcaster

Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:59 pm

Has anyone used a stiffy beachcaster?just bought one now waiting on reel to arrive.bought it because im a broke student and it was fairly cheep and seems pretty good, but im only getting into shore fishing so i dont know much about it

Re: Stiffy 12ft beachcaster

Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:16 pm

One of my first rods Was A Stiffi Beachcaster Still have it and no problems to report! The tip is nice and stiff hence the name i think which is good for getting out of snags and getting the fish over any obstacles i use it all the time and when im fishing a rough ground venue or the sea is rough! Great rod and i would reccomend it to anyone starting out on a budget or someone who dosent want to go all out when starting to fish! Good Choice! what Reel Did You Go For?

Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:12 pm

A lineaeffe Vigor LN70FD, dont know if itl be any good but was bought online on a budget. Used the rod today with an old reel and no problems, broke it in with two pollock and 8 mackerel, so i was happy :D . Just waiting for the reel to get here to get going properly

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:51 am

I heard its pretty much the same as a leeda which was my first rod, I still use it when going of piers or I cant be bothered using a multiplier.
The weight of it may be benefical to start as I found mine felt sturdy giving me a bit more confidence in my cast, Ive now moved to a salt fs 12ft which is light as a feather but the few months with the leeda means I dont feel Im gonna let go or break it everytime I cast, dont try and give it all you got, get your technique as good as you can and positioning.
I got some advice from a friend but you could just as easily watch some videos on the website.
Goodluck

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:03 pm

Leeroybrown201 wrote:A lineaeffe Vigor LN70FD, dont know if itl be any good but was bought online on a budget. Used the rod today with an old reel and no problems, broke it in with two pollock and 8 mackerel, so i was happy :D . Just waiting for the reel to get here to get going properly

Id say that will do the job nicely! Glad your happy with the rod and not a bad way to christen it either! Happy fishing and Tight Lines :)

Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:11 am

Nice to see it get a good start for you!
best of luck