biomaster xsb 8000

Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:02 pm

hi just seen new biomaster xsb for sale for 150 euro seems a lot any advice appreciated :?

Re: biomaster xsb 8000

Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:31 am

I have the Biomaster XTA - great reel and realy like the bait runner front spool drag system - very handy.

The Biomaster XTB I think is the newer version of the XTA with the same bait runner drag system. But the spool is no set back like the XTA.

The XSA and XSB are similiar but dont have the Bait runner drag but have a quick Drag system instead.

One thing to check on all is whether it has a Spool Guard as the XTA dosnt and line can get trapped under the spool. But like the XTA I dont think the XSB has it either.

There is a XTB on Ebay at the moment open for bid.
XSB there also for £99.99

Mick

Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:36 pm

Have to agree , probably one of the best reels out there for the money... speaking of which ,save yourself some .. got this delivered in 3 working days for 120 Euro incl delivery :D :D

http://www.englandangling.co.uk/display ... BIO8000XSB

Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:37 am

Picked mine up last week from local shop for 109 pound which is around 120 euro. Could get it slightly cheaper but rather hand it to a local shop.

Used it yesterday found my cast felt easier, reeling in is the smoothest Ive felt yet. My only issue is to make sure on your first cast the bail arm is over, mine hadnt clicked and I watched my weight and rig fly into the distance haha
Also it comes with 3 spools (well mine did) one aluminium and two I think graphite , gonna save the aluminium for some backing and braid.

Considering the price difference between it and the navi get yourself a biomaster.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:39 pm

a word of warning a lad i know dropped his one with the front quickdrag system in seawater he rinsed it down afterwards, it didnt like it and seized he took it apart and now cant get it back together ,neither can the lads in the shop he bought it in :lol: i,m not sure which was worse , the sea water or him having a go :cry:

Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:59 pm

thanks for replies i am getting a try of xta next weekend i will post how i get on :D :D

Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:48 pm

[quote="Mick001"]I have the Biomaster XTA - great reel and realy like the bait runner front spool drag system - very handy.

yep great reel tried it on sat and am very impressed , have one ordered and will fill with braid for arrival of big smoothies :) :) :)thanks for pointing me in the right direction mick