Excellent Service at Halfway Angling, Cork

Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:27 pm

My tecklon 6 month old spinning rod snapped about 1 foot from the top last weekend. I brought it back to Dan at HALFWAY ANGLING today and he replaced it. No problem. No hassle.

A Great shop with a great aftersales service. Just shows it pays to shop local. Imagine the hassle if I bought it online.

Re: Excellent Service at Halfway Angling, Cork

Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:53 pm

i have yet to hear a bad word said about him all good 8)

Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:56 pm

No problem driving from Limerick to shop there, Dan's a gent

Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:10 pm

myself,tex and taz off here called to dan one night,,we were supposed to be there at 11 but it ended up nearer to 1am and he still waited up and supplied us with our bait and accessories,,,,absolute gentleman and very helpful...will be back...outstanding service

Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:26 pm

i brought a reel back to him a few years ago that had snapped in 3 at the foot, he took it, smiled and asked what i wanted instead.
top service as always from dan, you wont get that from online shops

Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:39 am

DANS THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:52 pm

Where in cork are they and have they a web site and contact nunber ?

Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:04 pm

Dan Lynch shop is in village of Halfway between Cork and Bandon. It is at the back of his house and open all hours.
His website is http://www.tackledirectireland.ie

Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:37 pm

have to agree with above comments i know dan with years and have to say he has a top tackle shop with all the best of brands from rods and reels down to your terminal tackle. only for him all us match anglers down this way would really struggle :D

Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:07 pm

Agree with all of the above, top class service regardless of how many times you might be in there, and a gent to top it all off!

Surely dans not from cork is he?
:D

Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:57 am

absoliutly agree,Dan is realy good man,i broked top of my "abu garcia" "hellbender", online "abu" cant help me even to sold me the separate top section(why the f""ck they doing those rods if they cant sell the parts),so i ask Dan maybe he have somethink what can go with that surf rod,he brought me a new top section of "shakespeare" "long surf" ant tell to try this one,i was absoliutely suprised when i asked "how much" and he said "FREE","just try it and if is not ok bring it back,maybe somebody alse will need it",i fixed my "abu" (now i call it "shakespearbu" :lol: ) and getting basses with it,THANKS for DAN!!!
and onother thing is that Dan have some things(like "gamakatsu" hooks,"tuberttini" lines) what i cant get nowhere alse in the shops around Cork,and allways can ask him "how and where" if i do some fishing what im not in(like was with wrasse fishing :lol: he even gave me some ragworms for free,course i was stuft with lugs :lol: )

Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:17 pm

Stumbled across Dans place a few years ago,a real gent,knows his stuff inside out,has all the gear inc.top quality bait. 8)