ROD HOLD ALL

Mon May 30, 2011 12:23 am

ive been looking to change my rod hold all cause i dont like the velcro stap on the top were u have to push the rods down into the bag, ive damaged the rings on 1 rod trying to get my rods down. do u know any rod hold alls that have a zip that opens the whole way down the bag????

Re: ROD HOLD ALL

Mon May 30, 2011 7:00 am

shakspeare salt is good, the zip doesnt open all the ways down but goes about half way.

Mon May 30, 2011 8:22 am

The salt extends at the bottom too ,so will comfortably take any rod.

Mon May 30, 2011 12:10 pm

ya i agree with the lads on the salt bag,,i just got a new one,,,the only thing i will say is leave your bag well up the beach,,,my last one was a victim of a few surges and the salt water destroyed the zips but bar that they are an excellent bag and great value for money,,,i dont like the idea of these bags with one end open

Mon May 30, 2011 8:13 pm

Ian Golds one is excellent with zipped access.

Mon May 30, 2011 9:33 pm

Have to agree with the lads, have been using the salt rod holdall for the last couple of years and find it great, a spray every so often of wd40 or similar spray and you'll have no problems with the zips :wink: also great feature is that the holdall extends.

Tue May 31, 2011 10:55 am

thebigman wrote:Ian Golds one is excellent with zipped access.

and the zip wont rust ,mine is 5 years old and still going strong 8)

Tue May 31, 2011 10:32 pm

100% shakespeare salt-i have it,i use it so i like it..... :mrgreen:

Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:37 pm

Salt is defo the best takes 2 rods and stand easily, It also has a nice comfortable strap.

Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:54 pm

well...one problem what i had with "salt" long one,was closed bottom,everything else is super,but i cut the extender part,then burn with lighter places where was cuten, to stopit to rip itself,so now i can always take out the bottom to get sand out....

Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:32 pm

I'm with all the lads who said Ian Golds, Had mine years, will easily take four rods, one with the reel still attached. External pocket/straps for tripod.
I think all salt water gear needs a bit of maintenance to keep the zips free and running well but as previously said a squirt of wd40 sorts it out.