New fixed spool rod beach caster

Tue May 17, 2011 8:56 am

Alrite so I got myself a salt mx and the penn 515 to go with it. I have a nice fixed spool reel but im using a horrible rod with it. With my next pay Im gonna get myself a new rod Ive been looking at the salt fs to make my collection complete haha or I might go for something a little different its hard to beat the price however, any advice guys.
Thanks
Gabbey

Re: New fixed spool rod beach caster

Tue May 17, 2011 9:44 am

m8 Penn Powerstix Pro 13ft bout 75quid...they also have a 15ft...but super light rod

Tue May 17, 2011 10:36 am

I have been using 2 Salt FS rods for about 2 years now and have no complaints about them. They cast very well and show up every bite. They have taken a lot of abuse and still do the business. Excellent value for the price.

Tue May 17, 2011 11:04 am

if i had the cash i,d go for the penn powerstick 13 foot nice usable rod and far more tarty looking than the salt :mrgreen:
on the other hand the two salts would look better next to each other on your rodstand !

Tue May 17, 2011 11:28 am

I have the penn powerstix and cannot fault them, they can also be used for a fixed spool or a multi and the prices arnt too bad at the minute either...

Tue May 17, 2011 1:54 pm

Im picking the second one up brand new for 40 quid so its a bit of a bargain i think, the mx shows up everything and i like how sturdy the base is but how flexable the tip is. I have the money to buy something better but dont fish hard enough to make a 200-300 rod worth while. Maybe in a few months ill aim at something better.
Thanks for the advise guys always appreciated altho a dictionary may be better haha

Wed May 18, 2011 12:25 pm

and a lot more succint i would think :mrgreen: