Bass rod advice please?

Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:04 am

Shimano Hyperloop AX Sea Bass

Anybody have anything to say bout this rod? Good or bad?

Just seen it on http://efishsell.com/product_info.php?products_id=946&eFSsid=2gue0fcuqkbfqg78nelkuihdo5

Was planning on doin a good bit of Bass fishing this summer and wanted to get something that wasnt too stiff but not too light either. I have a 1.5 test curve carp rod that will do the job but wanted something that was rung for a 6500 size multi. Could possibly stretch the budget a bit more to get something decent. Was also looking at the Ian Golds Enticer and the Penn Powerstix Bass.

Any advice would be great thanks.

Re: Bass rod advice please?

Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:56 pm

Mine snapped after a couple of casts. Was last one in stock so didnt get replacement, just cash back. All i can tell you is its a very light rod. Didnt get much chance to test it out. Upgraded to a supercast bass. Much heavier rod which also snapped a few months later due to a flaw in the blank. Got a powertex bass 2nd hand off the site here. Great rod which hasnt broken on me (yet :roll: )
I think the shakespeare salt range get decent reviews. supposed to be good value for money.

Hope that helps.
Davy

Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:12 pm

I have the Enticer and cant recommend it highly enough, had many hounds on it last year including one just shy of 8lb.

I'll be having a bash at the hounds tonight in north dublin if you want to get a few chucks with it.

It is best suited to 2 or 3 oz leads but will handle 4oz and can cast to around 100 yards, so weather conditions permitting is well suited to most clean beach fishing scenarios.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:33 pm

shamoo0804 wrote:I have the Enticer and cant recommend it highly enough, had many hounds on it last year including one just shy of 8lb.

I'll be having a bash at the hounds tonight in north dublin if you want to get a few chucks with it.

It is best suited to 2 or 3 oz leads but will handle 4oz and can cast to around 100 yards, so weather conditions permitting is well suited to most clean beach fishing scenarios.

Thanks Shamoo. Yeh was thinkin of headin up that way myself tonight so might see ya. Do you use the enticer with a multi or fixed spool?

davybrown99 wrote:Mine snapped after a couple of casts. Was last one in stock so didnt get replacement, just cash back. All i can tell you is its a very light rod. Didnt get much chance to test it out. Upgraded to a supercast Bass. Much heavier rod which also snapped a few months later due to a flaw in the blank. Got a powertex Bass 2nd hand off the site here. Great rod which hasnt broken on me (yet :roll: )
I think the shakespeare salt range get decent reviews. supposed to be good value for money.

Hope that helps.
Davy

Jasus what are ya doin to your poor rods Davy. :lol: Thanks for the advice!

Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:06 pm

Jay, I got the FX (fixed spool) model and use mine with a 4000 size fixed spool loaded with 30lb braid.

I got sick of going fishing overgunned, so wanted to try a lighter set up to put the fun back into fishing.

It would also suit for heavier spinning, float fishing etc.

Might see you later then, I'll be out around 8pm :wink:

Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:20 pm

Hi jayball, i have a penn powerstix bass rod and pair it with a 6500 multi for some bait fishing and a fixed spool for spinning etc. Its an excellent rod and is rung for both multi and fixed spool, so highly recomended...

Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:07 am

Zziplex bass, awsome rod, casts 4oz at full pelt and will handle 5oz lob, had a few hounds on mine tonight best bass rod ive ever had by a mile

Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:43 pm

Hey daveybrown99 my supercast i got from you snapped as well and here i was blaming myself :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I'm kinda over daiwa rods for now

davybrown99 wrote:Mine snapped after a couple of casts. Was last one in stock so didnt get replacement, just cash back. All i can tell you is its a very light rod. Didnt get much chance to test it out. Upgraded to a supercast Bass. Much heavier rod which also snapped a few months later due to a flaw in the blank. Got a powertex Bass 2nd hand off the site here. Great rod which hasnt broken on me (yet )

Hope that helps.
Davy

Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:41 pm

I have Enticer Myself . Excellent rod.. .

Now If I could pair it up with a nice size Bass . :lol:

Sun May 01, 2011 4:29 pm

southaussie wrote:Hey daveybrown99 my supercast i got from you snapped as well and here i was blaming myself :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I'm kinda over daiwa rods for now

davybrown99 wrote:Mine snapped after a couple of casts. Was last one in stock so didnt get replacement, just cash back. All i can tell you is its a very light rod. Didnt get much chance to test it out. Upgraded to a supercast Bass. Much heavier rod which also snapped a few months later due to a flaw in the blank. Got a powertex Bass 2nd hand off the site here. Great rod which hasnt broken on me (yet )

Hope that helps.
Davy

Jaysus sorry to hear that Justin. never used that one myself so not guilty on that one. where'd it snap. you sorted for a rod?

Sun May 01, 2011 7:12 pm

Your o.k. davey since it happened ive many stories of the same thing happening to supercasts, the butt just shattered in my hands just below the reel seat loaded up with a 5oz weight, do you still have your team daiwa????? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Sun May 01, 2011 8:34 pm

I do indeed. ill be out tomorrow if you want a go of it. :P

Mon May 02, 2011 12:30 pm

Thanks for the replys lads. Think Im gonna go with the Enticer. I have the International Match already so might start collecting the whole line of Ian Golds rods :)

Mon May 16, 2011 9:39 am

enticer all the way. great rod I love to fish with it.

Fri May 27, 2011 4:43 pm

Jayball10 wrote:Shimano Hyperloop AX Sea Bass

Anybody have anything to say bout this rod? Good or bad?

Just seen it on http://efishsell.com/product_info.php?products_id=946&eFSsid=2gue0fcuqkbfqg78nelkuihdo5

Was planning on doin a good bit of Bass fishing this summer and wanted to get something that wasnt too stiff but not too light either. I have a 1.5 test curve carp rod that will do the job but wanted something that was rung for a 6500 size multi. Could possibly stretch the budget a bit more to get something decent. Was also looking at the Ian Golds Enticer and the Penn Powerstix Bass.

Any advice would be great thanks.

shakespeare salt range are the best i think thats what i always go for and there cheap too ive an shakespeare rod thats about 4 years old its my fav one and just cost me 60 euro and still in good nick if ya want too save money but still get a good rod shakespeare salt range is the best