Leeda Rod

Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:21 am

Well lads, Im either gonna be getting this Ledda rod http://cgi.ebay.ie/Leeda-2XL12ft-2p-c-B ... 43a348458f or this Stiffi http://cgi.ebay.ie/New-Stiffi-Beach-Bea ... 3cb6bd72a8
Advice would be appreciated :D

Re: Leeda Rod

Mon May 16, 2011 3:16 pm

Leeda 2xl model is quite thick rod but strong.Problem is the jd multiplier fitted to it in the sale is a piece of internet mediocrity (that's being kind)and only fit for light fishing off a boat for mackerel etc.You will never get a cast with it .It has no brakes and won't last for the life of it's warranty.Some ebay sellers don't care that they are selling the entirely wrong reel for the rods they do.The Stiffi rods I have seen eye to eye.They are a better bet if that's the two you want to make a decision on.Thinner and easier to transport.
One question back.Why ebay??What's wrong with a tackle shop??Believe it or not you'll probably get a better deal than the internet at the moment and you'll get the right advice too.

Tue May 17, 2011 7:43 pm

i have the 10 foot 3 piece model of the 2xl and find it a great rod for mack and rock fishing as it is compact and light but u would not get a multi to fit securely on the real seat have.a lot of tackle shops stock the 2xl and they are a few quid cheaper than the price on the net

Thu May 19, 2011 8:45 am

I just replaced my 2xl as Im not happy with it at all, I dont know what price your getting it for but there some nice rods out there for that little extra. its great for bad weather however as no movement of the tripod. also handles a bit of throwing about. Im gonna be using mine solely for of pier fishing or maybe when I cant be bothered lifting the mulitplier rod lol

Thu May 19, 2011 3:11 pm

lets be honest neither are great rods ,a salt rod would be a better buy and it would have a tip that would register bites alot better than either of those rods prob for an extra 10 yo yos ,any rod that comes with a free reel isnt selling and neither is the reel :wink:

p.s i dont have anything agains leeda i have a leeda multi tip boat rod it is a cracking bit of kit :D

Wed May 25, 2011 8:49 am

Rodger is perfectly right, my leeda was 21 pound, for 40 I picked up a salt mx and 45 a salt fs,
I used both yesterday and found the casting distance as well as the general feel 100 times better. I still struggle with the multiplier a little but its just practice as for the fixed spool I was casting further than what I do with the leeda even tho I felt less confident as It was my first time casting with the fx. Weight aswell as bite detection make that extra bit of money well worth it.

Wed May 25, 2011 10:11 am

would say there's little in the difference...both are low end 'used' Stiffi meself in the early days...grand for a bit of pastime fishing...won't take a lot of abuse and braid will slice though the eyes like butter!...as above (and counting yer postal costs from ebay) would look a Salt (make sure fixed/Multi version) or try Penn Prower Stix Pro (does both)...Best Luck