Ian Golds Rods

Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:11 pm

I have to say how impressed I am with my new rod from Paul Mason at Eastcoast tackle , I received an Ian Golds Extractor yesterday for rock fishing and have to say its an exceptional rod , I have had a few Zziplex's in the past and would say that this is on Par with them in terms of quality,finish and functionality ...having said that I only got in a few quick casts yet!
I spent a good deal of time looking and was about purchase a new Zziplex (except for the price :( ) but I do believe I've made the right choice and now have an International Match and Extractor both suited for fishing here on the west coast.
As I posted a couple of weeks ago ..How straight should a new 13'4" Beach-caster be? , this was before I knew of Paul and it had been delivered from a UK supplier (A lot more expensive I might add :evil: ) in a brown cardboard box ... no protection what so ever.
I have to hand it to Paul ... not only was the rod protected in a 6'' uPVC pipe but it was wrapped in bubble wrap as well . Now thats attention to detail!! :mrgreen:

Re: Ian Golds Rods

Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:58 pm

Great man to deal with. I bought the international match rod, shelter, 2 rod bags and 2 tripods all Ian golds . Top quality items at incredible prices. Great man for the information aswell :wink:

Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:07 pm

ya i got a rod tripod stuff and a rod bag, the rod was brilliantly packaged aswell!

Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:20 pm

anthony byrne wrote:Great man to deal with. I bought the international match rod, shelter, 2 rod bags and 2 tripods all Ian golds . Top quality items at incredible prices. Great man for the information aswell :wink:

Thats's what I'm getting at when I posted about the first rod I purchased from veals.uk , Paul in all fairness to him gave me some good advice , which didn't include himself , this is why I have to give him credit and I think he has a good future in the business.

Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:38 pm

Extractor is a top rod, love mine. An even stiffer casting version would be nice too :idea:

Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:39 pm

bigsod wrote:Extractor is a top rod, love mine. An even stiffer casting version would be nice too :idea:

what have you heard ?

Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:42 pm

AG wrote:
bigsod wrote:Extractor is a top rod, love mine. An even stiffer casting version would be nice too :idea:

what have you heard ?

Nothing yet, something you want to tell us?

Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:21 pm

Credit where credits due, top service top product top man!

The extractor is a revelation, would be very interested to know how many lads using the ig rods now.

Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:10 am

kstaff wrote:Credit where credits due, top service top product top man!

The extractor is a revelation, would be very interested to know how many lads using the ig rods now.

would agree 100%.a gentleman to do business with.ordered the extractor recently and was amazed at how user friendly it is,far from the poker the name suggests.....very easy to load,great tip and light as a feather and half the price of comparable or even lesser rods.ordered one on a monday morning and had it delivered to cork on tuesday morning..a taxi couldnt have delivered as promptly as that :shock: i purchased my first ian golds from paul in october 09 and i must say the build quality is second to none,it looks as good now as it did when bought,hardly a blemish on it and its used every week..the purists will hate this, but i sold a zzipy to buy one and have no regrets.....great move.at present 3 ian golds rods down the line,i couldnt speak highly enough of them,super rods.if carlsberg made rods they would be ian golds :wink:

Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:52 am

shamieboy wrote:great move.at present 3 ian golds rods down the line,i couldnt speak highly enough of them,super rods.if carlsberg made rods they would be ian golds :wink:

tart :lol: :lol:

Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:30 pm

I bought the international match from paul and it came in a day With my igloo. They wer beth well wrapped. Paul's Service is 2nd to none.

Now on to the rod. Its a great rod, if sum1 re worked it and put zziplex hsm on it instead off international match most people wouldn't ever know it wernt a zziplex. It truely is a great rod and I think I will be getting another one in the next fey weeks

Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:48 pm

Have to agree 100% on the good feedback. Bought the International match a while back and love it! Am looking at the Enticer for the summer pier fishing. Top rods and top service from Paul. Apparently Ian Golds is on the English team this year for the World Championships so best of luck to him.