Shakespeare Salt MX

Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:36 pm

Hey guys,

At the moment I am using a 12ft Ron Thompson Zensorflex carp rod, I've had it for about a year and up until now its been fine, but now I would like to step up the game a little and get a better rod or at least something a bit stronger. Today I was looking at a Shakespeare Salt MX 12ft and it seemed great but I'd still like to know what you guys think because I've learned a lot from here in the short time I've been using the site, so does anybody have one of these or has anybody ever used one? Or are there any other rods that anyone would recommend to a beginner who wants to get into the sport a bit more?

Thanks!

Shep

Re: Shakespeare Salt MX

Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:48 pm

I have the 13ft one, its a cracking rod, you won't find better for the money, in fact you probably wouldn't get a better rod for twice the price! Go for it :wink:

Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:27 pm

Shambo wrote:I have the 13ft one, its a cracking rod, you won't find better for the money, in fact you probably wouldn't get a better rod for twice the price! Go for it :wink:

I'm very tempted to go for the 13ft one myself, I've got about a week to make my mind up before I buy something so I might just take your advice on that, after looking around online as well it does seem to be very well priced.

Just out of curiosity do you use fixed spool or multi?

Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:50 am

i use the 13' mx myself, they are a good rod for their price
( the mx is rung for a multi ) but you can get the f/s model.

Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:52 am

I also have Salt 13ft rods in FS and they are good rods for the money. Easy to transport and cast which suits me fine. :D

Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:49 am

Hi Shep,

G.A.C are selling the MX 13 on clearance for 40 sterling. The postage to the republic is 18 quid so its going to be a good deal cheaper to the north.Great rod for the price. :D

Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:55 am

Both me and him ordered the 13ft, hopefully arrives today or tomorrow then well get a chance to test them hopefully of the Antrim coast hint hint shep!

Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:10 pm

haha hint taken - well see what's happening!

A rockling took my Salts virginity this evening!

Great rod, a lot of power in it, very light and the bite detection is still great!! really can't go wrong so if anyone else is thinking about getting one I'd recommend it!!