Shakespeare Salt Tripod

Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:54 pm

I have a shakespeare salt tripod for the past few months and have got great use from it. I find it very sturdy and reliable, and the fact that it came in its own carry bag, and all for under 50 euros, I think it is great value. I have also just noticed that you can purchase a shelter which is specially designed to attach to this tripod with is a great idea and I will be purchasing one asap. I recently had the misfortune of leaving the top rest and bottom rod butt parts off the tripod behind me after rushing home after an evening fishing session. Of course when I went back for them they were nowhere to be found :evil: :twisted: :evil:

I was hoping that I would be able to purchase these seperately somewhere. I tried my local tackle shop to no avail, so I then went online. I found the shakespeare website in the UK which is http://www.shakespeare-fishing.co.uk/ to see if they sold the item online. It didn't look like they sold the items seperate on the website or any items for that matter :( . I used the contact button on the home page and wrote a short mail to see if they could tell me where I could purchase the parts. To my surprise :) I got a prompt response for a polite gentleman from Pure Fishing UK saying that he would have a look around for the parts and send them over to me, what was my address? :shock: :shock: :shock:

I was gobsmacked that they were not only going to send me the parts for free but they would look after the postage too :D . If every company had a customer service deparetment like that I think there wouldn't be such a thing as a disatisfied customer. So as of today I am the proud owner once again of a fully functioning Shakespeare Salt Tripod. The tripod comes highly reccommended from me for quality and with a combination of after sales customer service like that I think you couldn't go wrong owning one yourself...

Re: Shakespeare Salt Tripod

Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:13 am

good man tom.nothing like a bit of investigating.i had one and to be honest it was probabaly the best one....if you want to get spare handy for any tripod you wont beat the ian golds brand

Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:07 pm

have salt and goulds and would go for the goulds if i needed to buy another

Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:22 pm

Great bit of service there and rightly acknowledged, that said Ian Golds are IMO a far better, lighter and more tried and tested rest and all spare parts freely available should the need arise.

The shelter attachment will cost alot in the long run to fix the broken neck you'll suffer as a result of using it though i'd say.

Again fair play on the excellent service provided to get you sorted.

Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:47 pm

kstaff wrote:Great bit of service there and rightly acknowledged, that said Ian Golds are IMO a far better, lighter and more tried and tested rest and all spare parts freely available should the need arise.

The shelter attachment will cost alot in the long run to fix the broken neck you'll suffer as a result of using it though i'd say.

Again fair play on the excellent service provided to get you sorted.

zoolander has spoken , let this go no further

Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:35 pm

Yes, I agree that the Ian Golds are easier to get spares and accessories alright but am I the only one who thinks that the spacing between the rods on the rest is a little on the short side especially if your still stuck in the stoneage and using fixed spool like me?? Can you get wider ones??? I know there are probably better tripods out there but rightly I had to give the lads a good right up for their generosity.

Shakespeare Salt Tripod

Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:53 pm

I had the same experience with them, I bought a second hand tripod without a butt holder and he posted it for free the same day! A great service which would inspire a little brand loyalty. Good work but I'll bet there's lads tearing sheds apart now looking for the old Shakespeare whatever to get repaired finally!!!

Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:54 pm

if the shelter is the one that the rods come over the back of the shelter i heard that they are crap as you will have a sore neck looking straight up at the rod tips :(
and if u get bite's u have to run around to the back to get your rod :(

Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:53 am

tomgrey wrote:Yes, I agree that the Ian Golds are easier to get spares and accessories alright but am I the only one who thinks that the spacing between the rods on the rest is a little on the short side especially if your still stuck in the stoneage and using fixed spool like me?? Can you get wider ones??? I know there are probably better tripods out there but rightly I had to give the lads a good right up for their generosity.

your right to say about the shakespeare are better spaced alright,infact the rods on the salt one go up and out at a small angle,now the ian golds are lighter but i find the salt much more sturdyier or something.i cyt the 2 cross legs of my salt as one broke as for the shelter im glad i didnt buy it to be honest,,,,couldnt picture meself in it looking up at the rods like on the back of the angling mags :mrgreen: oh and ya according to the local tackle supplier he said that shakespeare are the easyiest to deal with.i sent back my neoprene waders after 5 months and i had no receipt,there wasnt even an issue,,,,just got new ones straight away

Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:59 am

I have the Salt shelter too and find it one of the steadiest. The thing about the shelter cover for it would be the neck problem. But if the cover was just left in the car for those days when unexpected rain came along it would be better than a soaking. I have an Igloo but dont always take it if the weather looks ok, but you can never be sure.

Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:29 pm

I've been looking for a good tripod, after reading this I looked it up online and ordered one, can't wait for it to arrive so I can try it out :D :D :D :D