fixed spools

Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:14 pm

hi lad ,im thinking about buying a shimano ultegra 10000 or a foxs stratos 12000s which one do you think is the best for distance fishing?

Re: fixed spools

Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:29 pm

i have 3 shimano's 10000 & 12000. you cant fult them excellent reels.

Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:06 am

The friend is using the Ultegras and will not look past them now, he has tried a few different fixed spools but by far the Ultegra reel is the best

Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:36 am

Shimano ultegra by a long way, a bit on the pricey side but built to last. By far the strongest FS out there for beachcasting, hauling doggies etc....

Tue May 03, 2011 7:22 pm

i have the ultegra, the only reel i used that i prefer is the shimano aero technium magnesium got one in c and j angling adds about 20 yards to the cast over the ultegra but for value for money and performance the ultegra is hard to beat

Tue May 03, 2011 8:16 pm

For the money the Diawa Windcast S is quite impressive , ain't got the full quality of my Shimano's .... all those sealed ball bearings etc , but still a good reel with an excellent nosed cone spool for distance.
The main quality difference is that it does not feel a tight/ precises as shimano .. more movement on handle , no spring washer for cap on reel handle tightener, but for around 100 euro it's good.

Tue May 03, 2011 8:29 pm

are you sure a 10000 suits ya,,,,,,i have an 8000 shimano and find it too big,,,,,,,,if i buy again a 6000 or max 7000 will do

rcalnan wrote:hi lad ,im thinking about buying a shimano ultegra 10000 or a foxs stratos 12000s which one do you think is the best for distance fishing?

Tue May 03, 2011 8:39 pm

mickm wrote:i have the ultegra, the only reel i used that i prefer is the shimano aero technium magnesium got one in c and j angling adds about 20 yards to the cast over the ultegra but for value for money and performance the ultegra is hard to beat

Ive had a few casts of my mate Tonys aero technium magnesium and its a beautiful reel on the cast and retrieve, ive a daiwa basia which I realy like. These reels are both serious money but both are top notch preformance wise and realy well made.

Tue May 03, 2011 9:35 pm

Ultegra 10000, terrific reel.

Casts great, would pull treble dogs in for fun, little or no maintainance needed, get urself a couple!!!

Sun May 15, 2011 7:51 pm

big big big big why so f i n big get yourself something smaller and enjoy the scrap i use a penn slammer liveliner 560L can cast miles with braid and a 5 or 6 oz weight and has a baitrunner its one tough reel and when you get something big on it will haul it in no prob despite its size it holds 300 yards of 20lb braid and a tapered shockleader ,i would put in in the same league as the 525 for toughness ,no corrosion and a good drag ,it is heavey for its size but thats because its buit to last :wink: oh yea its not too cheap either so every nutter on the beach wont have one its a reel tart reel :lol: