Best type of rod for rock/beach fishing?

Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:16 pm

Looking to see what is the best type of rod for fishing from the rocks and beach, interested in catching the bigger species, so something universal and strong, what length (12ft, 13ft?). Anyone recommendations appreciated or what your favorite rod is, let me know. Thanks

Re: Best type of rod for rock/beach fishing?

Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:28 pm

instead of looking for one rod to do both rock and beach fishing,try and pick up two second hand rods on ebay or your local adds, reason being a beach rod usually isn't up to the abuse that it will get from rock fishing.a rock rod needs to be stiff in the butt,mid section and tip just to pull you out of any snags or any other thing that might cost you your fish.look for match rod for general beach work. a few good rock rods are greys apollo, greys platinum, zziplex bullett or century ttr. the choice for match rods is endless. thirteen foot or fourteen foot rods are what i prefer but every one is different.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:00 pm

Hi Tempah, thanks for that, the advice is much appreciated.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:23 am

Try looking a an Ian Golds Extractor .. ordered an International match myself as a replacement for my old Zziplex 2500lm , excellent quality rod.Here is a link to the range:

http://www.planetseafishing.com/reviews ... beach-rods

Hope this helps.

Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:38 pm

Cool, will check it out, they look good