Beachcaster rod

Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:43 am

Hi, I'm looking for a new beachcaster rod, my previous one is crocked and nevertheless it was like swinging a treetrunk. Can anyone recommend a good allrounder, not too pricey? I'll be using it mainly in targeting Bass, Smoothies and anything else thoughtful enough to chomp on my hook. Short of that, any recommendations on what specifications I should be going for?

Re: Beachcaster rod

Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:51 pm

.had to laugh when u said hanging like a tree :mrgreen: try a penn powerstick maybe

Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:46 pm

get yourself an ian goulds, you wont be disapointed

Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:44 pm

ya i agree with fish face. ian golds is hard to beat i got the international match fx and its able for anything from a small flattie bite to a 14.5 lb ray :mrgreen: . that i got last year. ask paul mason on the site he deals with the ian gold gear.

Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:32 pm

I bought a Penn Powerstick recently and they're definitely a great rod for the money. Probably not in the same league as the Ian Gold though to be fair. If your wallet allows I'd stretch for the Ian Gold every time :wink:

Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:40 pm

I have the penn powerstix 11' 6" and 15' 9" rods.... great value rods , look good and do the job no problem :wink:

Sat May 21, 2011 8:42 am

I've just seen on a website Powerstix Pro 15ft 9" Surf Rod & Surfmaster 850 Reel Combo - £159.99

Is anyone using the Powerstix and what kind of casting distance are you getting ? I have'nt fished for a while but used to use 6500 Abu multipler & 12ft Abu carbon rob. Are these long rods really that easy to achieve fair distance with ? (as it was hard work with the multiplier set up )