Fixed spool recomendation?

Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:08 pm

Lo all,
Looking for any recomendations for a good long distance fixed spool reel and rod to couple with it.

I currently have a penn GX6000 coupled with an RT G-Force. I find them both fairly good but the range can be limited a bit. So I am thinking of buying a new rod as my second rod that I use (which served me well for 10 years) has bought it :(

thanks in advance

fixed spool

Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:21 pm

Hi enoonan001

There was a thread on this subject a while ago. I gave up using multplier reels for the fixed spool version because they are easier to use at night.

I purchased a Penn 070 surfmaster which I would highly recommend, the Diawa range and the higher spec Okuma range are also excellent long distance reels. and all come with a spare spool. They are all a bit pricey but worth the money.

I also found the Diawa range of rods to be useful namely the TDSS and the Supercast X fixed spool versions. However if you want a top of the range rod the century 'tip tornado sport' in the fixed spool version is pure class - but it costs an arm and 2 legs!!

Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:02 am

Thanks for the info Mick,

Like yourself I have tried the multiplier route but I still prefer the fixed spool, especially for night and rough ground fishing.

Thanks again

Eoin

reels and rods

Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:57 am

try bowlersangling.co.uk they good selection on daiwa rods and reels i use them alot and they give good advice also abile to spread cost via 6 post dated cheques. i use the emblam reel daiwa good reel strong and good to cast