Thu Jan 13, 2005 2:46 pm

Well, what do you's think?

One or two piece?

What make?

Must be 'breathable' to stop sweat.

Any ideas?

suits

Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:18 pm

I like the one piece if using a float suit it makes sense. for wet weather gear bib and brace and a good jacket so you can go for a pee. But if on a boat or rocks float suit all in one.

Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:12 pm

All in one for boatfishing. I suppose 2 piece may suit shore fishing better.

Personally, scierra aquatex bib and brace, light waterproof jacket (peter storm) and a Fladen rescue-system fishing/floatation vest over the top. Safe, and warm, and all the pockets you'll ever need for a days fishing !
Looks good too and can be used as seperates for different conditions.

Fladen rescue system jacket comes with an orange whistle for those unexpected charter boat raves !! :D

Floatation suits

Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:16 pm

For boat fishing I reckon a 1 piece is best. I only use mine in the depths of winter when it's very cold. In the summer I use a breathable bib & brace made by Sionen, light as a feather but waterproof. Some 2 piece suits are flotation jacket and std bib & brace so in the summer when you take off your jacket you have no floatation so check this out if you decide to go 2 piece.

I wear my lifejacket , even with my floatation suit because you will see that floatation suits are classed as bouancy aids (except for the 150N models) whereas my life jacket is that, a lifejacket (keeps head out of water, winchable strap etc.)
My suit is a Sundridge, not too gaudy in colour! and has lasted with no maintainence.

Jim.

Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:30 pm

Arthur,

I got my hands on a two-piece mustad suit over the holidays if you want to have a look and check it out.

Eunan

Mon Jan 17, 2005 2:56 pm

I got a 2 piece Sundridge SAS for christmas from the missis, looked deep red on the advert but in real life is very very very bright orange, with matching orange whisle. Its lovely and warm and comfy and i feel much safer on the rocks than before. The build quality is very high and i think it will last a good few years and with its amazingly bright colour you will definatly be seen wether you want to be or not. One thing i would like is a kangaroo pouch style pocket on the frount of the bib and braces section as i have seen on a few sets of waders. 2 piece is definatly the way to go for the shore.

Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:15 pm

Deffo the two piece suit.

Dunno the number of guys I've seen on a boat that have the top half of a one piece shrugged down around their waists and tied by it's arms when I've just taken off my 2 piece's jacket.

Much more versatile, the 2 piece.

Flotation

Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:32 pm

Dunno the number of guys I've seen on a boat that have the top half of a one piece shrugged down around their waists and tied by it's arms when I've just taken off my 2 piece's jacket.

You should never, ever, take off the top half of a flotation suit. If you are on your own particulary you should never do this as you are likely to drown in as much as 5' of water.

Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:09 pm

Fladen one-piece. Been out in -12 degrees C in it - toasty. Wears well, had it a couple of years. Would always wear the lifejacketover it in the boat, just in case the worst happens. And you can sleep in it - very comfortable. In fact, I'd feel naked on the beach without it. Best investment I've ever made.

FLOATY SUIT

Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:03 pm

i bought the 2 piece Imax floatation suit , warm comfy and waterproof and if something goes wrong with it i can take it back to the shop and get it exchanged !

bs

Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:49 pm

Sandman wrote:Fladen one-piece. Been out in -12 degrees C in it - toasty. Wears well, had it a couple of years. Would always wear the lifejacketover it in the boat, just in case the worst happens. And you can sleep in it - very comfortable. In fact, I'd feel naked on the beach without it. Best investment I've ever made.

have to agree with Sandman here.
I have the same one and its so snug that i find myself planing around the Fladen one-piece before anything else on very cold nights.

Also agree with the, always wear the life jacket over it in the boat, just in case the worst happens.
I'm with the Irish Coast Guard and and in smaller boats this is law. The flotation suit is not a replacement for a life jacket

Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:20 pm

I just bought the new S,A,S, 2 piece flotation suit by sunridge and am well pleased with it. Warm as toast, One thing I would advise on though is the size, I ordered the xl and when it come I would have been better with the l, it was larger than I expected.