market research query

At the suggestion of various members and given the magazines will run a mile from criticising a piece of kit, here is your chance to tell us what you really think about a rod, reel, line, lure... keep it legal please!

Moderators: Seaniebo, corbyeire

market research query

Postby Peter Noone » Wed Nov 10, 2004 1:14 am

Hi everyone,

As part of my market research would it be ok to ask fellow club members what they think of the Angling Show in Dublin normally held in February.was there gear you where looking for and wasn't there did you think there was lack of sea tackle?.What would you look for when you go to a show would you be buying rigs,rods etc and does Price influence your decision when Buying??.

I would like to ask as many as possible to just give your opinion on this topic.

Thank you very much,

Peter(http://www.euro-tackle.com
Peter Noone

Postby Adrian » Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:02 am

Hi Peter,

I reckon price would be the biggest influence when buying, obviously everyone involved in the fourm has access to the web so comparisons will always be made to how much something can be gotten from Veals etc.

Has the date been fixed for next years show?
Adrian

Postby MAC » Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:07 am

Peter,

I have to second Adrian on that one. Anyone who has access to the web has the chance to look at prices of kit around the world and thus can see just how expensive things are in some tackle shops. I always go to the Angling show in Feb. and sometimes I go with the intention of picking up some kit and sometimes I'm just browsing and can't help myself :D :D

I'm not sure if you noticed, but when the angling show started all the tackle that was on sale was primarily from UK distributors. A lot of anglers were picking up the bargains that were there to be had. I think the Irish shops have copped on to just how much business they were loosing. Last year there were about 9 Irish shops with stands at the show and many had price reductions of up to 40% just to keep up with the competition at the show. If you’re in the market for some new tackle then this can be an excellent place to get a bargain or two. I know I always wait until Feb before buying some much needed :D tackle

Kev
><º> ><º>

><º>
MAC
SAC Treasurer

Have thanks: 178 times

Postby drseafish » Wed Nov 10, 2004 2:26 pm

I have never gone on the basis that I always thought it was based towards course and river fishing, which I have no interest in. If however I thought that I could get a bargin on a decent sea-reel (Abu 6500 or Penn 525mag) or rods I would definately go. The prices would have to better than mail order UK prices or at least match them which would work out cheaper as no postage would be involved.
drseafish
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 1 time

Postby Seaniebo » Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:53 pm

Hows it going Peter, I havent attended the show for the same reasons as drseafish, but Ive heard that it costs 10 euro to enter the expo so from my point of view I would definitely be buying some gear if I paid the entrance fee. Otherwise Id be as well off just browsing catalogues. HTH
I require a tremendous amount of calcium

http://www.saisac.org/
Seaniebo
Unstoppable....

Have thanks: 83 times

thanks

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 11, 2004 1:17 am

Hi,

Thank you for your info,just for the record the Show in Dublin is on 19th and 20th of Feb. 2005.

I am having a stand at it and we always have deals on everything for the shows.

My personal opinion is that shops in Ireland are way above the asking prices how can they not cop on.One individual shop keeper told us "That who else will they buy from" in there area.

We make all our own tackle so you won't see any of our tackle in Shops and we aim to undercut not only Irelands Shops prices but the Uk's as well and we want to always hear your quiries on our products.

Having said all that a lot more shops are going to the show because some of the shops in Dublin boycotted the show for years.But now they see that they have to start to compete and no better place than the shows.

We have been approached by numurous shops and we refuse to supply them simply because we want to give the anglers back what they deserve and are succeeding.

Thank you all very much once again,
"What a great Forum"

http://www.euro-tackle.com

Postby MAC » Thu Nov 11, 2004 12:52 pm

There is a lot of Coare and Game tackle at the show. Some of it will double up for sea fishing at excellent prices. I'm thinking of pike spinning rods and reels being used for pollock. Also a 2lb - 2.5lb pike rod makes an excellent float rod for Wrasse and pollock off the rocks. Some of the reels on show are excellent value as well. There is quite a bit of sea tackle there at the show but there wouldn't be as many stands as the coarse and game stuff. There is always plent of multplier reels on sale. I always go because I fish for everything, Game, Coarse and Sea. So I always seem to be needing a new rod, reel or some end tackle.

Kev
><º> ><º>

><º>
MAC
SAC Treasurer

Have thanks: 178 times

Fishing Show

Postby Ed Burke » Fri Nov 12, 2004 7:53 pm

Was at the expo 2 years ago. Very unimpressed with the stands. 90% geared towards coarse game and fly. Worth 10euro though because of the beach-casting demo outside.
Ed Burke

Return to Tackle Reviews by Sea Anglers