Okuma Axeon

At the suggestion of various members and given the magazines will run a mile from criticising a piece of kit, here is your chance to tell us what you really think about a rod, reel, line, lure... keep it legal please!

Moderators: Seaniebo, corbyeire

Okuma Axeon

Postby scara » Fri Oct 29, 2004 6:39 pm

Has anybody used 1 of these yet, i looking for a good distance FS for night
fishing. I'm finding the mulitplier too much work in the dark.

I see that the reel comes as a size 90 in the states compared to a 65 here, whats the diffrence? is it just spool size or will the whole reel be bigger.

Also has anybody tried one of these contental style long rods. ( i see greys have one out now). What kind of distances are do you see.
scara
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 2 times

Postby m.b3 » Fri Oct 29, 2004 6:53 pm

don't know much about the reel matebut i have seen the k2 in action on the beach. i reclined an offer to try it myself but distance wise the guy was reaching about over 120 yards with a 3oz. lead. he had 10lb. mainline and 40lb. shock on a diawa twistbuster. i was sceptical of these rods to begin with be i think they definately have there uses.
m.b3
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 143 times
Blog: View Blog (8)

Postby Tanglerat » Fri Oct 29, 2004 8:05 pm

Dunno about the axeon, but I like the Interceptor myself. Having said that, I haven't actually used mine yet..........!

I got an Okuma Interceptor 30 Baitrunner-style for 29.99 squids Sterling for mulleting, just havent had a chance to use it yet. But the guy who advised me to go for that model is pretty switched on as regards reels, so his advise was good nuff for me.
Tanglerat

Have thanks: 381 times

Postby Seaniebo » Sat Oct 30, 2004 9:39 pm

Hello there scara. I have two okums fs reels. The Axeon and the Oryx. I use them for Night fishing at this time of the year. Ive had the Axeon since about May of this year and in my opinion its decent value and I havent had any problems with it yet. I use it in the standard sort of way with 5oz leads and it gives me a decent cast without the worry of the bail arm coming back over causing a snap off.
I require a tremendous amount of calcium

http://www.saisac.org/
Seaniebo
Unstoppable....

Have thanks: 83 times

Postby dillon_the_rabbit » Sun Oct 31, 2004 11:26 am

I have three of the Okuma Interceptor used for carp fishing, and I can say that they have performed flawlessly from day one. I don't think there is a reel on the market that performs this well for the price.

I would say the same could be said for the other reels in the okuma range. If the cheapies perform well, the more expensive ones should be damn near perfect.

Cheers

Matt
dillon_the_rabbit

thanks

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:53 am

Thanks for the replys lads.

only got the computer back up and running again today.

Return to Tackle Reviews by Sea Anglers