Speleo Technics Anglers Light

At the suggestion of various members and given the magazines will run a mile from criticising a piece of kit, here is your chance to tell us what you really think about a rod, reel, line, lure... keep it legal please!

Moderators: Seaniebo, corbyeire

Speleo Technics Anglers Light

Postby drseafish » Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:49 pm

Its that time of year when this piece of gear starts to pay back. It cost me 90 sterling about 3 years ago, but has been god sent. It has never let me down and I still have not had to use my two spare bulbs (still in bubble wrap). I'd say I could go for a swim and the thing will still work as I have been in many a monsoon without any problems. The only hastle is the weight of the battery pack, but it will fit on a decent belt or a titan battery pouch. This is one piece of tackle that has given me the confidence to go night fishing by my self and even wade out without thinking the lights will go out. This happened me once on a pitch black night and boy is it scary, for a short time I didn't know which direction the beach was as the old light packed up mid way through a cast when I was in the breakers. Overall I don't recommed night fishing by oneself for the obvious reasons but tackle like this gives you plenty confidence if you have used and abused it as much as me without any faults.
drseafish
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 1 time

Postby m.b3 » Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:27 pm

seems a decent price. haven't heard a bad word about the 'anglers light'. where did you get it?
m.b3
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 143 times
Blog: View Blog (8)

Postby drseafish » Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:16 pm

I brought it mail order from the UK, I think Gerrys of Morecambe or Veals in Bristol. I also think that the price may have gone up slightly (always a sign of good equipment) since I got it. But as you can guess I highly recommend it.
drseafish
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 1 time

Return to Tackle Reviews by Sea Anglers