Clew Bay - Shamrock 1

OLd Boat Reports are moved here for Public Viewing

Clew Bay - Shamrock 1

Postby kieran » Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:35 pm

Hi

Brian Smith and a mate are fishing with Marie Gavin Hughes all week (I know, wish I was retired too!) and he rang this evening just to make me green with envy.

They fished some reefs on very light tackle (10 lb maximum!) well to the west of Achill Island, past the Bills Rocks and took Pollack to low double figures, Ling to 9 lbs, Coalfish, Red & Tub Gurnard, Ballen and Cuckoo Wrasse, Whiting and I think he said a single Haddock - not sure about the last bit. Furthermore he assures me there are pictures to come, and this is only after day 1...

They only count Mackerel as bait! Bets options were a jellyworm on a 2 m flowing trace behind a collar and a lead off a rotten bottom and standard hookai feathers baited with strips of mackerel.

Personally I am off down to Cork for work, and in the middle of regatta week - I'm not sure if I will survive! FWIW...
Kieran Hanrahan

Time spent fishing is never time wasted...

2015 targets - a triggerfish, a specimen bass, a three bearded rockling to complete the set and something big and toothy from certain north Mayo deep water marks
kieran
Site Admin/Owner

Have thanks: 445 times
Blog: View Blog (3)

Return to Archived Boat Angling Reports