Mullaghmore - Kiwi Girl

OLd Boat Reports are moved here for Public Viewing

Mullaghmore - Kiwi Girl

Postby Adrian » Mon Jul 12, 2004 2:03 pm

12:30pm to 7pm 11 Jul 04

Wind about 8 knots from west. Low tide 7pm.

8 of us set out at around 12:30. Caught plenty of Mackeral off the head for bait, they were all very small, not much bigger than Joeys.

Headed for south Donegal shore, drifted between mainland and Inisduff. I was spinning with a 1oz leadhead with a black pink tailed jelly worm - not a bite. 2nd drift was against the outgoing tide so we were almost stationary, I gave up using the leadhead as it didn't seem to be heavy enough to get to the bottom and I didn't have any heavier ones. The others had caught 3 Pollack all around 4lb, a cuckoo and a mackeral using baited feathers.
I switched over to the boat rod using baited feathers and a flowing trace with a jelly worm, Still nothing. The others had added another Pollack and another cuckoo.
We moved to another mark, a buoy directly west the tip of St John's point. We added another 2 Pollack again about 4lbs and a mackeral which was the only thing I caught :?
In total 7 Pollack, 2 cuckoo and 2 mackeral, between 8 of us for 7 hours fishing, Pretty poor.
Adrian

Postby Tanglerat » Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:12 am

Did the skipper have a "fishfinder"?

:wink:
Tanglerat

Have thanks: 381 times

Return to Archived Boat Angling Reports