screeming reels, cork harbour and ling rocks

Postby screeming reels » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:19 am

People:3, myself damien and siert

Duration:9 hours

Tide:2 down 6 up

Weather:4/5 nw wind . clear skies, and bright

Bait:rag , mackeral, squid, crab

Rigs:numerous!

Results: 15 species, conger 12 to 13lbs, ling 6 to 10lbs,pollock, coalfish,cod,whiting, red and grey gurnard,ballan and cuckoo wrasse,dab and plaice,dogfish, poor cod, Haddock 6 to 4lbs.

Report:Had a couple of frustrated dubs come down for a session out of cork harbour to experiance the delights of the area.
starting on the bank proved a little dull with only a few gurnard and dabs , though we tried for an houtr for the blondes , nothing turned up.
went offshore to the ling rocks, and we had none stop fishing both on the drift and at anchour.
Nothing special, but a lot of variety, and fishing coming in constantly.
Some nice haddock and large whiting around.
headed back in to the harbour for the last hour, and picked up a couple of plaice and dabs.
great day out, nice to get back onto the water again after an enforced layoff due to my suzukis both developing a problem with the timing belt cog securing nuts.( both came loose, not even a service item!!!)
For info, anyone with a suzuki, if you need parts from the dublin main agent for ireland, you can expect to wait 6-8 weeks if he can be bothered to order them!! He will not answer the phone or emails, great customer service!!!!
Having said that, CORK MARINE suzuki agent for the munster area, who repaired the engines, his customer service could'nt have been better considering the run around he was getting from dublin.
I can well recommened him to anyone wanting a proffessional job done, pity that his back up was so poor.
screeming reels
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 82 times

Postby yappo » Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:20 am

Great report screaming reels. Hope it stays that way as I am going down to Brian Byrne from 16th to 21st Sept. Good size haddock nothing like that up here as you know.
Keep the reports coming.
Sunny SouthWest
yappo
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 70 times

Return to Archived Boat Angling Reports