Missy Moo, Bangor, 6/8/06

Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:29 pm

People: Millisle RBL S.A.C, & Visitors.

Duration: 10am - 5pm

Tide: Wet and Bouncy

Weather: As long as it didn't rain between the Showers. 4/5 Northerly.

Bait: Mackeral

Rigs: Feathers

Results: Cuckoo Wrasse, Pollack, Coalies, Codling, Whiting, Haddock, Dabs, Red Gurnards, Dogfish, Mackeral

Report:

Great Fishing on the Missy Moo, Around the Copeland Islands, We started by getting some Fresh Macks for Bait, Then we went to a wreck on the North side of Mew Lighthouse Island, We Dropped Anchor on it, and with minutes there were Wrasse, Pollack and Coalies coming on Board.

We then moved round to the sand where we dirfted and picked up a few more species, a great day had by all, can't wait for the next one.

RE- MISSY MOO

Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:21 pm

Drew

I still think it wasnt worth the money to go there for £15. I could have went there on my own boat for less.

The next time ya's are going and it's an extended trip (anywhere other than the Copelands), let me know.

missymoo

Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:25 pm

let me get this right ~ its possible that i misread something!

you had a charter trip on a boat

you caught fish ( Cuckoo Wrasse, Pollack, Coalies, Codling, Whiting, Haddock, Dabs, Red Gurnards, Dogfish, Mackeral )

and you think £15 was too much :shock:

you could have got there cheaper on your own boat :P

unless your boat is powered by oars i doubt it, i dont know off hand how far out the copelands is from the nearest harbour but i do know that the next fishing trip i go on either on my own boat or a charter that costs me £15 will be the first in a very long time

i remember a club almost splitting up when they wanted to raise the price of boat trips from £6 to £8 and that was 20 years ago

Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:27 pm

He didn't go Ray, We Did.

Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:24 am

£15 is bloody cheap for place on charter trip, last time out I paid the guts of 50 euro. Any size to the haddock Drew?

Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:48 pm

I just cant seem to understand that how going on the Missy Moo to Scotland is £20 and to go 3 miles from my house is £15. Thats why I didnt go. Understand now?

Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:21 pm

It's not the diesel your paying for it's the upkeep of the boat , between marina fees ,insurance and general repairs through the year, £15 for a charter isn't bad, i'm sure if you worked out how much you spend in the year on your own boat and divide it up between the amount of times you use it you'd prob be cheaper taking days out on missy moo :lol:

missymoo

Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:46 pm

"you'd prob be cheaper taking days out on missy moo"

you would be cheaper taking days out on the HSS

diesel is only a small (but getting larger) part of the cost of a trip
insurance
harbour fees
interest on the marine mortgage
the time of the skipper
everyday running costs (fixing all the little things that go wrong on a boat)
servicing

and remember the skipper has to earn enough in the season to last him all year!!!

even £20 is a bargin last year my average trip was near to £50 + bait, tackle, and getting there (most of the trips were in donegal)

Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:55 pm

I also do not mind paying money to go on a charter boat. Dont me thinking that Im miserable, anyone who knows me would vouch for me, although I just couldnt understand the difference in costs between Scotland and Copelands. Thats all.

missymoo

Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:50 am

working on 8 in the boat thats an extra £40 or about 100litres (maybe a little more) and yes you are right 100L probably would not get you to scotland and back so what you are saying is that you did not go on the local trip because the distant trip was too cheap!

if you regualrly use this skipper he probably recons that over a year it all "works out" but if you all stop going on the local trips he will have no choice but to put his prices up for the distance trips

guess what ?

that will be a fault too :roll: