Postby SeanP » Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:38 pm

People:Me & Bigcol

Tide:HW: 11.30

Weather:Sunny N F2/3

Bait:Mack, shads

Results:Ling, Cod, Pollock, Pouting, Mackerel, Scad,

Report:

Not the shark variety sorry!
Just knew this was going to be one of those days when we arrived in dingle and found the jockey wheel had worked its way down, luckily it was just in time before it did any damage, Lanched from Dingle slip at 8-15 went out and struggled for mackeral, then realised i had left the mobile back in the van so decided to nip back for that before setting out further only to be greeted by a guy marching down the slip with a piece of paper in his hand 'are you the skipper of this vessel' and proceeded to give me a bollocking for speeding in the harbour, i was steady away 6 knots in the marina but they have a speed limit right out past the lighthouse now :oops:
Anyway got back to some fishing on a reef about a mile from the lighthouse, had a ling 8lbs, cod 3lbs and some good pollock to 9lbs and pouting. Had a few snags on this reef but on one occasion give it the usual good rive and crack bang, 'what the hell was that said col' and theres my rod snapped at the reel seat :( only got the thing a few weeks ago, seemed sturdy enough but inside it was just some thin ally and plastic, one of the €65 abu's, shame it seemed a nice rod, might see what he says back at the shop.
Then to top it all lifting the anchor went fine, slid up to the bouy and hung on the chain and just pulling bow locker went to grab the anchor and off she went unclipped itself and off she went back down never to be seen again, needlees to say i shall be reviewing my anchor fastenings when i've been to buy a new one.
Finished off with some more pollock close in after that.
Good day out depite the problems, good conditions.
Sean,
SeanP
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby bigcol » Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:07 pm

Who is the skipper of this vessel???????????? and the sight of Sean walking up the slip sheepishly with the harbour master in tow bollocking him is a picture that will fix a smile on my face for months to come,EEEEHHHH Skip?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
col
bigcol
SAI Hammerhead

Postby SeanP » Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:36 pm

[img]http://www.firiescountryfurniture.com/Other/Monkey.gif[/img]
SeanP
SAI Hammerhead

Return to Archived Boat Angling Reports