Kinsale Monday 26: Sundance Kid

Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:32 pm

People: Me, My Dad, Sean (Dublin), Rene (Dutch), Tony (Ostrian) Bunch of unfriendly Germans

Duration: 9 - 5

Tide: Low ---> High

Weather: Sunny some cloud

Bait: Mackeral

Rigs: Shads, Baited Feathers, Vibro Eel Rig

Results:

Several Small Rass on the baited feathers

Some small Pouting and CoalFish

Several Small Pollock on the Vibro Eel Rig (2-4 Pound)

2pound+ Garfish on the Vibro Eel Rig

Several Big Pollock 6,7,8 on Mann Shad's (Purple)

10+ Conger on 1/2 Mack (my dad's only fish of note)

Report:

Great days fishing (for me), out of Kinsale with Butch on Sundance Kid, lovely Sunny weather, grumpy germans and some great pollock on shads with a very very light spinning outfit...(the germans were SURE i had the bottom with the 8 pounder) the did'nt seem to happy as a landed a beauty!! :D

There were a few other big pollock, a couple of big ling and another big conger on board from the others throughout the day..

Skipper said overall poor fishing, but was a great day for me..taking the light spinning outfit along everytime from now on!

Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:45 pm

Its the nicest way possible to fish pollock...the whine of the reel on the first dive is a joy :)

Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:39 pm

Light tackle pollack bashing is a drug man..... I bought a small, 5'6" baitcaster rated for up 6lb to 12lb line max casting weight is an ounce I think, I team this with a small abu baitcaster reel and its absolutely super sport. Used to use a spinning rod and fixed spool reel but found that combo too big when fishing from my own small boat. The baitcaster is much handier.