Kinsale Monday 26: Sundance Kid

OLd Boat Reports are moved here for Public Viewing

Kinsale Monday 26: Sundance Kid

Postby samonwalkabout » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:32 pm

People: Me, My Dad, Sean (Dublin), Rene (Dutch), Tony (Ostrian) Bunch of unfriendly Germans

Duration: 9 - 5

Tide: Low ---> High

Weather: Sunny some cloud

Bait: Mackeral

Rigs: Shads, Baited Feathers, Vibro Eel Rig

Results:

Several Small Rass on the baited feathers

Some small Pouting and CoalFish

Several Small Pollock on the Vibro Eel Rig (2-4 Pound)

2pound+ Garfish on the Vibro Eel Rig

Several Big Pollock 6,7,8 on Mann Shad's (Purple)

10+ Conger on 1/2 Mack (my dad's only fish of note)

Report:

Great days fishing (for me), out of Kinsale with Butch on Sundance Kid, lovely Sunny weather, grumpy germans and some great pollock on shads with a very very light spinning outfit...(the germans were SURE i had the bottom with the 8 pounder) the did'nt seem to happy as a landed a beauty!! :D

There were a few other big pollock, a couple of big ling and another big conger on board from the others throughout the day..

Skipper said overall poor fishing, but was a great day for me..taking the light spinning outfit along everytime from now on!
samonwalkabout
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 0 time

Postby pete » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:45 pm

Its the nicest way possible to fish pollock...the whine of the reel on the first dive is a joy :)
Sea Species(25) bass, codling, whiting, turbot, seatrout, stingray, pollock, coalfish, longspine scorpion, ballan wrasse, dogfish, ling, pouting, poor cod, dab, mackerel, smelt, sandeel, launce, bull huss, painted ray, thick lip mullet, golden grey mullet, rock goby.
Fresh Water (2) brown trout, sea trout
pete
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 51 times

Postby petekd » Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:39 pm

Light tackle pollack bashing is a drug man..... I bought a small, 5'6" baitcaster rated for up 6lb to 12lb line max casting weight is an ounce I think, I team this with a small abu baitcaster reel and its absolutely super sport. Used to use a spinning rod and fixed spool reel but found that combo too big when fishing from my own small boat. The baitcaster is much handier.
Fluff chucking is the new black..... Rampant Wreckfish is a fly angler in denial :D
petekd
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 114 times

Return to Archived Boat Angling Reports