Donegal Bay - Muc Mara - 24th July

OLd Boat Reports are moved here for Public Viewing

Donegal Bay - Muc Mara - 24th July

Postby pete » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:34 am

Another flat calm evening so headed out to reefs at Carrickfad. Mackerel were very plentiful again but only on the deeper parts of the reef but unfortunately that was pretty much the sum total of it so headed over to Doorn Point. Went in really close and baited the shrimpers with rag left over from the weekend..had some fun then catching wrasse and pouting, was only in 25 feet of water and the evening got even better when I picked up what I think was a goldsinny wrasse...small we fella with a dark spot near the tail fin :) Was well pleased to see him even if he was tiny!
Sea Species(25) bass, codling, whiting, turbot, seatrout, stingray, pollock, coalfish, longspine scorpion, ballan wrasse, dogfish, ling, pouting, poor cod, dab, mackerel, smelt, sandeel, launce, bull huss, painted ray, thick lip mullet, golden grey mullet, rock goby.
Fresh Water (2) brown trout, sea trout
pete
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 51 times

Postby JGF » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:27 pm

picked up what I think was a goldsinny wrasse...small we fella with a dark spot near the tail fin Was well pleased to see him even if he was tiny!

Pete - sounds like a goldsinny alright - they normally are tiny little fellas - caught one off Tory last summer - again v. small fish.
JGF
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 0 time

Return to Archived Boat Angling Reports