Donegal Bay - Muc Mara

OLd Boat Reports are moved here for Public Viewing

Donegal Bay - Muc Mara

Postby pete » Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:00 am

Had an enjoyable day out yesterday evening and even managed to pick up my first ever tope, made 25lb at the most but was a very happy man afterwards. Took a mackerel flapper on a flowing trace and put up a really good scrap on the uptider.Mackerel were very plentiful and I also picked up small pollock, pouting, ballan wrasse and a big lump of a scopion fish, would have weighed near 3/4lb! Baited shrimpers were deadly once again.

Can't beat boating at this time of the year.
Sea Species(25) bass, codling, whiting, turbot, seatrout, stingray, pollock, coalfish, longspine scorpion, ballan wrasse, dogfish, ling, pouting, poor cod, dab, mackerel, smelt, sandeel, launce, bull huss, painted ray, thick lip mullet, golden grey mullet, rock goby.
Fresh Water (2) brown trout, sea trout
pete
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 51 times

Postby petekd » Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:46 am

Well done Pete, still waiting for mine....
Fluff chucking is the new black..... Rampant Wreckfish is a fly angler in denial :D
petekd
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 114 times

Postby markj » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:53 pm

Muc Mara, who owns that boat, isnt that also the name for sea pig??
Reporter to Jimi Hendrix: " Jimi, whats it like to be the greatest guitarist in the world?"
Jimi: "Ask Rory Gallagher"
markj
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 1 time

Postby pete » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:01 am

Cheers Pete, it'll come I'm sure. Went out again the two days following but alot quieter, still plenty of small pollock and macs. Couldn't get better weather for boating, been like livin in Spain for last week :)
Sea Species(25) bass, codling, whiting, turbot, seatrout, stingray, pollock, coalfish, longspine scorpion, ballan wrasse, dogfish, ling, pouting, poor cod, dab, mackerel, smelt, sandeel, launce, bull huss, painted ray, thick lip mullet, golden grey mullet, rock goby.
pete
SAI Megalodon!

Postby petekd » Thu Jul 20, 2006 9:31 am

Like living in Spain..... Yeah, your right there mate, loads of purple ladies walking around.... :D
Fluff chucking is the new black..... Rampant Wreckfish is a fly angler in denial :D
petekd
SAI Megalodon!

Postby pete » Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:49 am

Always bring binoculars with you when fishing with the small boat close to beaches :lol: I was thinking of putting up some curtains on the windows of the orkney to allow a more discreet form of pervin :lol:
pete
SAI Megalodon!

Postby petekd » Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:21 pm

LOL :D Some of that stuff boy racers use to black out their windows would be the business for that alright!
petekd
SAI Megalodon!

Return to Archived Boat Angling Reports