Rush Co. Dublin 21.09.2020

Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:47 pm

When: 21/09/2020
Where: Launching from Rush, Co. Dublin
Who: Myself and my uncle Ken.
Duration: 11:00-17:00
High Water: 14:47
Equipment: 7.5ft Shakespeare Ugly Stik 2 30/50lb & another generic 30lb boat rod
Bait/Rig: Feathers/baited sabikis/soft plastic jelly lures/ledgered rigs with peeler crab & ragworm over anchor.
Conditions: 0.2m swell and very sunny
My Result: 2 Coalfish, 7 Pollock (biggest was 41cm), 1 Codling (42cm), 2 smoothhounds (90cm and 107cm so a specimen!)
Kens Result: 2 Pollock (one was 55cm), 1 Dogfish

The original plan for today was to hit the Burren rocks for some mackerel before moving on to the County of Lancaster wreck about 3km north east of Lambay. When we got to the Burren rocks all we were getting were pollock & coalfish but surprisingly no mackerel, then Ken got a good sized pollock of 55cm (which went back) and then I got a decent codling, so we decided to keep drifting there for another while before moving onto the wreck. On the way to the wreck we saw boats fishing the nose of Lambay with one of them being one of Kens mates so we checked the petrol and with only a quarter of a tank left in the first one we decided to just chill at the nose and leave the wreck for another day. We did a few drifts tight to the cliffs at the nose to no avail so it was time to move around to the saltpan bay where we usually always get mackerel if we don't get them anywhere else. Nothing there either so we motored out past tailor's point marker and saw a member of our angling club at anchor and he said he was doing well so we thought it would be a good idea to anchor there too. This turned out to be a very good decision as I caught two of the biggest fish I have ever caught! Two good sized smooth hounds, first one was 90cm and the second 107cm and they both put up an intense fight.

A very satisfying session after a few recent disappointments! and the weather was just fantastic :D

Video coming soon!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Rush Co. Dublin 21.09.2020

Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:49 pm

More pics!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:51 pm

Few more pics!

Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:31 am

Fair play , lovely fish there

Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:36 pm

Very good. Nice fishing. Nice pics

Ken looks a bit like johnwest

Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:56 pm

chuckaroo wrote:Very good. Nice fishing. Nice pics

I don't know if that's a compliment to johnwest or not!

I think Ken looks like the long lost member of the Dubliners

Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:27 pm

shortcircuit wrote:
chuckaroo wrote:Very good. Nice fishing. Nice pics

I don't know if that's a compliment to johnwest or not!

I think Ken looks like the long lost member of the Dubliners

bahaha he'll get a great laugh out of that! :lol: