Blue shark off Loop head Vid

OLd Boat Reports are moved here for Public Viewing

Blue shark off Loop head Vid

Postby mann » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:11 pm

My first blue shark, What a wicked little fight I got from this girl, it or its palls kept attacking our traces and biting our fish so I tagged her ass and sent her running,
I know I may have been a bit heavy handed with her but the adrenalin was flowing, I couldn't find a wire trace that I made earlier so had to chance using 200lb mono which is something I wont be doing next time out,

the fishing was slow around the head so I decided to head out to a mark about 5 miles out in the hope of bigger and better choice fish... didn't expect to have sharks around the boat within minutes of arrival,

we also caught Pollock / mackerel / Haddock and Codling so everyone went home happy :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kF7Erfral6Q
mann
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 41 times

Re: Blue shark off Loop head Vid

Postby SeanA101080 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:06 am

Nice bonus for the session, well done.
SeanA101080
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 88 times

Postby mann » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:51 am

Thanks Sean

it really was a bonus for me and the lads onboard, did you notice how the lads found a corner to hide in... they had already seen the damage the shark done to their fish so they scattered when she came on-board,

I still cant get over the electric blue colour of the fish when alongside the boat, Nice Bass in your profile picture dude well done yourself.

For this message the author mann has received thanks:
SeanA101080 (Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:01 pm)
mann
SAI Sea Dog!

Postby chuckaroo » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:58 pm

Well done sir. A fine shark.
Have never caught one either but will target them in the next week or two hopefully.
Nice wee video, thanks for posting.
Charlie

2024 targets:
porbeagle, stingers, seatrout, shore skate, shore tope

For this message the author chuckaroo has received thanks:
mann (Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:18 pm)
chuckaroo
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 819 times

Postby SeanA101080 » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:06 pm

mann wrote:Thanks Sean

it really was a bonus for me and the lads onboard, did you notice how the lads found a corner to hide in... they had already seen the damage the shark done to their fish so they scattered when she came on-board,

I still cant get over the electric blue colour of the fish when alongside the boat, Nice Bass in your profile picture dude well done yourself.

I noticed "the big fella" retreating into the corner alright Ya they're a gorgeous fish alright, myself and a buddy went for them today and picked up 10, seems to be plenty around. It's a bit different to chasing the bass alright
SeanA101080
SAI Hammerhead

Have thanks: 88 times

Postby mann » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:41 pm

Thanks Chuck

I'M sure you will connect with one soon, its well worth the wait, I been wanting one for years but never got around to giving it a proper bash, even this one came as a surprise to all on board,
I like your wish list :)

Sean dude You just gave me a target for my trip tomorrow, 10 be Buddha, I be happy with one but 10 is the target... wishful thinking I know But I have 2 good guys coming with me so its a possibility,
also have a freezer full of fish from last year so that will add to our chances, you can be sure I will let you know how it goes 8)

For this message the author mann has received thanks:
SeanA101080 (Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:30 am)
mann
SAI Sea Dog!

Return to Archived Boat Angling Reports