Blue shark off Loop head Vid

Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:11 pm

My first blue shark, What a wicked little fight I got from this girl, it or its palls kept attacking our traces and biting our fish so I tagged her ass and sent her running,
I know I may have been a bit heavy handed with her but the adrenalin was flowing, I couldn't find a wire trace that I made earlier so had to chance using 200lb mono which is something I wont be doing next time out,

the fishing was slow around the head so I decided to head out to a mark about 5 miles out in the hope of bigger and better choice fish... didn't expect to have sharks around the boat within minutes of arrival,

we also caught Pollock / mackerel / Haddock and Codling so everyone went home happy :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kF7Erfral6Q

Re: Blue shark off Loop head Vid

Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:06 am

Nice bonus for the session, well done.

Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:51 am

Thanks Sean

it really was a bonus for me and the lads onboard, did you notice how the lads found a corner to hide in... they had already seen the damage the shark done to their fish so they scattered when she came on-board,

I still cant get over the electric blue colour of the fish when alongside the boat, Nice Bass in your profile picture dude well done yourself.

Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:58 pm

Well done sir. A fine shark.
Have never caught one either but will target them in the next week or two hopefully.
Nice wee video, thanks for posting.

Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:06 pm

mann wrote:Thanks Sean

it really was a bonus for me and the lads onboard, did you notice how the lads found a corner to hide in... they had already seen the damage the shark done to their fish so they scattered when she came on-board,

I still cant get over the electric blue colour of the fish when alongside the boat, Nice Bass in your profile picture dude well done yourself.

I noticed "the big fella" retreating into the corner alright Ya they're a gorgeous fish alright, myself and a buddy went for them today and picked up 10, seems to be plenty around. It's a bit different to chasing the bass alright

Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:41 pm

Thanks Chuck

I'M sure you will connect with one soon, its well worth the wait, I been wanting one for years but never got around to giving it a proper bash, even this one came as a surprise to all on board,
I like your wish list :)

Sean dude You just gave me a target for my trip tomorrow, 10 be Buddha, I be happy with one but 10 is the target... wishful thinking I know But I have 2 good guys coming with me so its a possibility,
also have a freezer full of fish from last year so that will add to our chances, you can be sure I will let you know how it goes 8)