Great fishing off Loop Head

OLd Boat Reports are moved here for Public Viewing

Great fishing off Loop Head

Postby mann » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:51 pm

Club members have a day to remember,

Again some had never been to sea, So before I took them out I warned them it was going to get a little bumpy later in the afternoon,

We agreed to return an fish for Tope in the safety of the estuary before the winds picked up, later in the day they didn’t seem to like it when I suggested that it was time to hit safer water inside,
The fishing was really hot so I cant blame them, again I reminded them that the wind was building up and we be travelling for an hour or so to get shelter.. They kinda persuaded me to fish on which made me smile inside,

Anyways they had their fill after 2 more hours when 2 got a little sick, so we headed back and I’m happy to say the guy that was most persuasive about staying out got soaked twice when the waves broke over the cabin and onto the deck, as we were bouncing along earlier he started shouting something about fire which took my concentration off of avoiding the lobster pots I had seen on the way out,

With all the banging around I had to lean out of the cabin to hear him shout that the engine was on fire “there’s always one comedian” by the time I got over his distraction I looked out to see a pot not 4 feet from us directly in line with the Bow… Had to lock hard to starboard then back to port to avoid entanglement with the pot rope :twisted:

it was around then that the first wave broke over and soaked him and the misfortunate that happened to be his friend :D his friend is the panicky wide eyed :shock: looking fella in the video when we were hitting waves,

Needles to say but neither of these 2 will be back on this boat, the rest of the lads had a great day and enjoyed the swells almost as much as I,

couldn’t resist putting the speech bubbles over the 2 comedians at the start of the video, the one with the beard was the guy shouting fire… I soon put his fire out with the help of a couple of very welcome waves :lol: :lol:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qjje8n_fY_k
mann
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 41 times

Return to Archived Boat Angling Reports